Horn Not Working

abouc

I was riding in the rain the other day and a deer walked out into the road ahead of me. Naturally, I slowed and tried to beep the horn. But the horn didn't work. It worked fine the previous day, and every other time I've used it.

So far, I've checked all my fuses and the connections at the horn. High beams, turn signals, tach etc. all work fine. Is there something that could cause this problem other than a faulty switch in the controls?

I was riding in the rain the other day and a deer walked out into the road ahead of me. Naturally, I slowed and tried to beep the horn. But the horn didn't work. It worked fine the previous day, and every other time I've used it.

So far, I've checked all my fuses and the connections at the horn. High beams, turn signals, tach etc. all work fine. Is there something that could cause this problem other than a faulty switch in the controls?

G.A.C.A.S.O.D* system

Guzzi Automated Cervidae Anti Scare Override Device :-)

My problem was the switch. Remove the switch assy from the hendle bar and spray a contact cleaner and lube spray ( available at an electronics store) into the switch and work it very much and it should start working.

As already mentioned, Step 1 is to check if they are getting voltage - voltmeter or $5 test light will do.

When mine stopped working, I found it was the horns. On my OEMs there's a wee small adjustment screw on the back side - just needed a turn or two.

As already mentioned, Step 1 is to check if they are getting voltage - voltmeter or $5 test light will do.

When mine stopped working, I found it was the horns. On my OEMs there's a wee small adjustment screw on the back side - just needed a turn or two.

My horns fried at the same time which in turn caused the fuse to blow. My headlight was also connected to the fuse, and that went out at the same time. Luckily, I had my aux. lights on since is was pitch black outside and I was in the middle of some twisty back roads. It's very unnerving thinking about what would have happened had I not had aux. lights.

I'd put a test light on the end of the horn wiring and push the switch-it's the quickest easiest way to check the horn. Otherwise, if you take the horn to your local auto parts store, I'm sure they could test it for you.

Ken

To the best of my knowledge.... that screw is the tone adjutment. To test your horn, disconnect the wire plugging on to the horn and run a jumper from the B+ of the battery to the terminal of the horn. It should honk,blow or make some kind of noise.

• 4 weeks later...

My problem was the switch. Remove the switch assy from the hendle bar and spray a contact cleaner and lube spray ( available at an electronics store) into the switch and work it very much and it should start working.

I finally got around to looking into this and taking the assembly apart. There was a lot of water in there. Removed all the parts and cleaned/dried them. While everything was apart I tried the horn again and it worked! Reassembled and added a very light amount of dielectric grease to all the places where water would create problems and reassembled.

20 minute fix. Next time it will be a 10 minute fix because I will know how each piece works.