new scura owner with myecu question

tattootim1

I have owned a mille gt back in the early 90s and used to service myself. After 3 harleys Ive now purchased a v11 scura (never quite got the guzzi out of my system and no matter how much i did to the harleys they never quite inspired the same feeling). I live quite a way from the nearest guzzi shop so will have to do my own servicing. The bike comes with myecu. My question is can I hook up a laptop and save the existing map to keep the setting for future tunes and how hard is this. Is it worth getting the optimiser or is that really only worth it for bikes with the o2 sensor. I have spent a few hours looking at info and it sounds quite dificult to use. On one of my harleys i had the racing ecu and i did my own map on the laptop but in comparison it was easy. The bike has been recently servised by a very reputable mechanic and is running good. Does the myecu make doing the tps easier or am i better following the info on guzzitech. should i go back to original. How often do you check the tps? every third service?

Any advise? It would apear a lot of you guys are doing your own sevicing. Any tools gadgets that make the job easier.

When I bought the mille I sat down with the mechanic and an hour later was able to service and balence the carbs etc. This looks a little harder.

Thanks and its great to be here.

Tim

If your aren't aware of this forum http://cajinnovation...m/yabb0/YaBB.pl I suggest you repost there and have a read of the topics - it might answer some or all of your questions. You maybe likely to get more myECU users direct responses particular to your issues - I would hope.

There are a few myECU users here too, obviously, who could chip in.

There is a method to establish comms to a myECU windows app which involves serial interface via CAT 5 and a "magic" box (R232) which gives pretty easy mapping changes. There are upgrades which allow bluetooth to carry data and Cliff is presently working towards android as the base for mapping and logging which is not fully operational - at time of writing.

Instructions for myECU units can be found on Cliffs website - click the logo on the forum to access.

Hi Tim

Send me an email, address on my contacts page.

Let me know who the previous owner so I can determine where you're at.

Make sure you ask questions and not make assumptions. Best advice is, if the bike is working well, don't touch it.

Cliff

Hi Tim

Send me an email, address on my contacts page.

Let me know who the previous owner so I can determine where you're at.

Make sure you ask questions and not make assumptions. Best advice is, if the bike is working well, don't touch it.

Cliff

Thanks Cliff, message sent. Believe me last thing I want to do is make something worse but at some point the bike will go out of tune and living where I do I am going to have to tune it myself. Want to be prepared for that and if that means backing up a map now then thats what I should do.

Thanks again

Tim