Replacing oil feed line pipe

thebronze

I've got a pretty nice little oil leak. It seems to cover both sides of the block and looks like its coming from the base gaskets. We've chased it up to where the oil feed pipe comes out of the block and goes up to each cylinder. Has anyone had this cause a leak before? I've read about the engine paint preventing a good seal at this junction. I guess its possible the hose has split too. So before I plunk down $140 for the parts, has anyone done this before? What needs to come off the bike to get my hands in there? Its really in a tight spot. For sure the tank needs to come off and maybe the air filters and intakes, not sure what else at this stage.

Thanks,

Toby

I have just done the job on my Quota which has an identical arrangement.

New stainless hoses should be less than £40 including a new banjo bolt and crush washers!

Hey, where are you finding the hose that cheap? The factory part is 106.73$ Is it 2 hoses or 1 Y shaped hose?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, It would be best if you could clean off the top of the engine and then run the bike in the garage so you can maybe see if it is the braided line or just the crush washers at the center fiting. Also check the large breather hoses coming off of the frame as the V11 uses the frame for collecting the crank case fumes in that area. I have heard of oil leaks in this area which turned out to be a damaged piston causing big time blow by, hopefully this is not the case.

Good luck,

Mike

I've got a pretty nice little oil leak. It seems to cover both sides of the block and looks like its coming from the base gaskets. We've chased it up to where the oil feed pipe comes out of the block and goes up to each cylinder. Has anyone had this cause a leak before? I've read about the engine paint preventing a good seal at this junction. I guess its possible the hose has split too. So before I plunk down $140 for the parts, has anyone done this before? What needs to come off the bike to get my hands in there? Its really in a tight spot. For sure the tank needs to come off and maybe the air filters and intakes, not sure what else at this stage.

Thanks,

Toby