Greasing the drive shaft

Go to solution Solved by andy york,

here is the cut out I made on my LeMans
IMG_0233.JPG.e78178e1f2cf75f503ca5ccdc7631aae.JPG
When you have a moment Andy, could you please take a more clear close-up photo? It's difficult to see where the zerk is. Thanks.
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"The struggle is real."

As soon as I can....she is in the back of the garage...hard to get at. I guess I will start posting a disclaimer on my "hacks". I am not responsible for what happens to you. Yes... I put ano

Just managed to lube the drive shaft. The advice here was great and helped heaps. Thank you. After reading everyones experience I decided to go the full hog and remove the wheel, transmission, one end

Posted Images

Working for food, the misses don't mind greasy fingers. Wheel of, divide the shaft so I can realy move the joint's around, grease medicin. Helps a bit for zerk access, shaft hanging, I hold the g gun on tight, and misses to work. Yes it will be messy later with all the right sounds from the joint's.
I do it the same way both Greenie and Rosso Corsa, not to bad, I think.

Cheers tom.

Sent fra min SM-A505FN via Tapatalk

Working for food, the misses don't mind greasy fingers. Wheel of, divide the shaft so I can realy move the joint's around, grease medicin. Helps a bit for zerk access, shaft hanging, I hold the g gun on tight, and misses to work. Yes it will be messy later with all the right sounds from the joint's.
I do it the same way both Greenie and Rosso Corsa, not to bad, I think.

Cheers tom.

Picture coming, interweb

f15d6673fa30aa61223c45dbf0327f53.jpgd9b2444a4a72b79c25486b7592193bc4.jpg
18 hours ago, 4corsa said:
On 1/5/2021 at 4:51 PM, andy york said:
here is the cut out I made on my LeMans
IMG_0233.JPG.e78178e1f2cf75f503ca5ccdc7631aae.JPG

When you have a moment Andy, could you please take a more clear close-up photo? It's difficult to see where the zerk is. Thanks.

As soon as I can....she is in the back of the garage...hard to get at. I guess I will start posting a disclaimer on my "hacks".

I am not responsible for what happens to you.

Yes... I put another access point in the u-joint cover...and yes I know what the u-joint cover is for. oh and yes I accept responsibility for my actions. I hope it enables you to grease the u-joint and go 130,000 miles just like me.

:oldgit:

• Like 4