The Scura R registry

Scura R

Thank`s to all the useful info from all here at the v11lemans.com, and from all at the Norwegian MG club forum, I decided to sell my first MG, a Jackal, and buy a v11.

To my knowledge, the Scura R is the last version that Moto Guzzi made of the v11-series. It`s the sister of Cafe Sport and Coppa Italia.

If you want an original black colour v11 Sport with the Öhlins-bits, this is the closest you get.

Some say only 40 was made, and some say only 18 was made. The number 18 comes from reliable sources in Italy, so I choose to believe 18 is the correct number :rolleyes:
I`s referred to as a limited edition several places, but there is no limited number on the bike.

Mine has VIN: ZGUKTB0104M111886

I spent about 18 months looking in Germany, France and Italy for a decent Cafe Sport, not knowing there was a Scura R too. And then, in january 2010, on mobile.de, I saw for the first time, a black v11 with a red seat. After much googling, I understood that this was a very rare bike, and that I should go for it.

It was first registered january 2005 by the dealer Peter Lamparth in Boll, Germany. I bought it from the second owner, Fritz, in Stuttgart in may 2010, with 22.000km. I rode it home myself.

I do not expect that much action going on here really (due to the extremely limited numbers Scura R`s in the world :rolleyes: ), but Scura R-owners, please feel free to registre.

• Thanks 1

Funny....I didn't visit this site in months and today I felt I just had to give a look...right on time to add my name on the list.smiley-eatdrink004.gif

Yes, the total number of 18 is correct.

I first knew about "R"s reading some of your posts on the AnimaGuzzista Forum, and then saw one live-in-person on display at Guzzi dealer Millepercento (that one is in the owner's personal collection).

I wasn't looking for a V11, never even had a sports bike before...but a few days later I unexpectedly noticed a sale ad on a french site and....booooom!

I brought her back home (see my location... ;) ) in October 2010 from a little village in the region of Sarthe, near Le Mans. She was first registered in France on Dec.1st 2005; I'm the 4th and hopefully the last owner, bought her with 17,000 Km on the clock and have just turned 32,000. Some shots of her can be seen in the "Pictures" topic, the day I drove her to the Nest. :race:

Waiting for the registry to go on, I can happily add a freshly discovered one: another R resides 10 km from my hometown, ridden by the original owner since 2006.

Lamps

Notice: for significantly rare bikes, I'd rather avoid to publish frame numbers in full on the Net...even the factory itself only discloses this kind of information upon specific and motivated request, in the wrong hands these data could be used to build fakes/counterfeits. :2c:

...later when they reminisce about the mighty V11 in years from now around about the time the oil is running dry - they'll speak

with awe of the legend that was the last of the V8 Interceptors ...er, sorry, the last of the V11's - the mighty Scura R.

Music is suspect, but great bike action in this clip

:oldgit:

Whatever the number (how are you certain it's 18?), the fact that it is "the last of the V11's" is an element of its individuality

and also being manufactured under Aprilia management seems to have improved the quality control issues.

I'm not worried about my VIN as you are backstreets - after all, anybody can read when it's parked up, so for what it's

worth mine is ZGUKTB0104M112037.

In any event seems like I'll be in a club of "one" as I've just returned home to Oz and bought my Scura R and other bikes with me.

I was a bit nervous about it all as I'd read previously Roper had problems getting permission for his earlier Scura and eventually

left it in the States ending up selling it.

How will I feel riding to the beach on the solitary Scura R in Australia... :sun:

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

one key diference is the headlamp/instrument mounting. 2002 Scura is fork mounted and the '04 0'05) Scura R is frame mounted like the later CaféSport Coppa Italia.

Veglia vs ITI/hUR gauges

It is unlikely the Scura R has the problematic light flywheel/single plate clutch.

...later when they reminisce about the mighty V11 in years from now around about the time the oil is running dry - they'll speak

with awe of the legend that was the last of the V8 Interceptors ...er, sorry, the last of the V11's - the mighty Scura R.

Music is suspect, but great bike action in this clip

:oldgit::sun:

awesome find that vid... the guy with the red lid that hit the bridge, actually died there and then, wouldnt keep that in the movie thesedays aye.