The Scura Topic

belfastguzzi

Q: What did the seal say when it swam into a concrete wall? A: "Dam!"

Q: What does a seal get from sitting on the ice too long at the zoo? A: Polaroids!

Q: Where do seals go to see movies? A: The dive-in!

A man and his pet seal walk into a bar. It's about 5pm, but they're ready for a good night of drinking. They start off slowly, watching TV, drinking beer, eating peanuts. As the night goes on they move to mixed drinks, and then shooters, one after the other. Finally, the bartender says: "Last call." So, the man says, "One more for me... and one more for my seal." The bartender sets them up and they shoot them back. Suddenly, the seal falls over dead. The man throws some money on the bar, puts on his coat and starts to leave. The bartender, yells: "Hey buddy, you can't just leave that lyin' there." To which the man replies: "That's not a lion, that's a seal."

So a penguin is driving his car in the desert. All of sudden his car breaks down. Luckily, he's pretty close to petrol station. So he waddles behind his car and pushes it to the petrol station. He asks the mechanic to take a look and find the problem. Mechanic tells him to come back in 30 minutes. So the penguin is getting hot being in the desert and all, and decides to find something to cool him off. He goes in the convenience store and buys some vanilla ice cream. He eats the ice cream and makes a big mess on his face. Finally he goes back to the mechanic to find out the problem. Mechanic says," Looks like you blew a seal." To which the penguin replies, "No, no. It's just a little ice cream."

I will get me coat.....

So a penguin is driving his car in the desert. All of sudden his car breaks down. Luckily, he's pretty close to petrol station. So he waddles behind his car and pushes it to the petrol station. He asks the mechanic to take a look and find the problem. Mechanic tells him to come back in 30 minutes. So the penguin is getting hot being in the desert and all, and decides to find something to cool him off. He goes in the convenience store and buys some vanilla ice cream. He eats the ice cream and makes a big mess on his face. Finally he goes back to the mechanic to find out the problem. Mechanic says," Looks like you blew a seal." To which the penguin replies, "No, no. It's just a little ice cream."

I will get me coat.....

Bar Joke :drink:

• 4 weeks later...

I've been holding off comment as the old girls been in pieces in the garage for a better part of the year Feb-Sept

I think it's now sorted and what a blast on the right road,just run er up to 5-7k and she's happy as a clam.

Had three perfect rides this week,fall colors brilliant,perfect weather and a bike that works as it should.havent had that for almost three seasons,feels good :thumbsup

Anyone thinking about doin the changeover to a twin plater should really consider it.Bike runs just a well without all the clatter of the single plate knocking at my engine cases.All you need is standard tools,a couple specialty tools for the clutch(which I'd be happy to loan out to members),a twin plate assembly , 2 friction plates.,a couple seals for piece of mind and set aside a few days to do it.took me so long waiting on parts from dealers,multiple mis-steps by them,and unanswered emails and phone calls .If you have all parts and tools together,8-16 hrs would be a fair estimate for a first timer.

Michael

In her glory,

Autumn glory

and as Van Morrison said, In September, when the leaves come falling down

Follow me down, follow me down, follow me down

To the place between the garden and the wall

Follow me down, follow me down

To the space between the twilight and the dawn

Follow my butt, to the Scura Hut.

Just listening to him this morning.He ,Phil Lynott,and Rory Gallagher,some of my favorite Isle's exports.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just realised, rather late as it's November: this is 2012!

! 10th anniversary of the birth of Scura, out of Moto Guzzi !

Party in the Scura Hut duim.gif

Bring Your Own Spanners

• 1 year later...

To which series would the Scura share the closest bloodline?  For example, I noted that in the parts catalogue, the V11 has internal fuel pumps whereas the Scura has an external one.  

Any other differences besides the carbon bits?  

I have forgotten just about everything, but from what I possibly remember, the fuel pump change was just a year thing and the change was across the V11 range when it happened. 

There were various changes to the V11s over the years including to the frame, exhaust system, engine paint, wheel rims and handlebars and I think the Scura would have been in step with the annual model changes (improvements or otherwise).

The particular things that make the 2002 Scura (as distinct from the later one) what it is, to my mind are...
I have a 10.30 meeting, must go, will return later, by which time I expect someone else will have completed the sentence,

That was short'n'sweet, so back again.

Yes, it's really the colour and the carbon bits combined with the frame geometry at that time, the bar position, little fairing and Ohlins. No major items of uniqueness. Changes come aftermarket.