May I sneak in a Tonti question?

Greybeard

Sorry for the intrusion but the older model section is dead as Kelsey's nuts and my head is spinning

from trying to find an answer.

Would the frames from Cali's and Jackals and Bassa's be Tonti frames and suitable for pursuit of crafting a classic cafe racer?

TIA

Sorry for the intrusion but the older model section is dead as Kelsey's nuts and my head is spinning

Would the frames from Cali's and Jackals and Bassa's be Tonti frames and suitable for pursuit of crafting a classic cafe racer?

TIA

For an example of what you can do with a cal, look at machine 3 here

http://www.returnofthecaferacers.com/2012/02/moto-guzzi-cafe-racers-by-kaffe.html

yes, but the later models (cal 3 on?) have a 3" taller steering neck and longer swing arm.. the frame behind the triangle was longer too. so it won't have the compactness of the original Tonti.

this is a Jackal..

IMG_0037-1.jpg

TIA

Yup.

It is in one way a harder route to follow because a lot of parts that would fit an earlier Tonti will not fit the Cali frame without modification.

But on the plus side, the Cali motor is way more powerful than any other Tonti model- for example a friend's LM1000 dynoed at 62bhp, my Cali kicked out 72bhp at the wheel and has lots more low down grunt. You also get a longer braced swinging arm, and chunkier forks.

You will need to relace an 18 inch rim on the rear hub because the 17 incher will look a but weird.

A friend Mal has just bought an 1100 Sport carb motor to fit in a Spada frame....

Wow!

Thank you all very much!

I've sold my Naked which was far too tall for me and need a better-fitting project but life without a Guzzi is just too grim to consider.

Again, thanks very much!

GB, keep us posted. I am looking forward to a Guzzi cafe project and threads like this re-inspire! :thumbsup:

Wow!

Thank you all very much!

I've sold my Naked which was far too tall for me and need a better-fitting project but life without a Guzzi is just too grim to consider.

Again, thanks very much!

GB, keep us posted. I am looking forward to a Guzzi cafe project and threads like this re-inspire! :thumbsup:

Shhh!

I've got to lay low for awhile so the old woman doesn't have a fit!

Just picked up a '06 Bonneville with no miles at all on and there's still the '97 Sportster (80") to finish.

So, unless someone would like to make some donations of parts and/or coin-of-the-realm I'm done 'til next year! :)

It will unfold here though.

You guys have been great while I owned the Naked and I owe ya'.