Tenni #9

robert7571

drummers are folks that like to hang around musicians.

Heresy..Blasphemy!!!

That's funny. I'm converting that to a bassman joke . . .

As to #9 music humor, what was that Beatles' song that has Lennon repeating "#9 . . . #9 . . ." in some echoing, trance-like manner? That was haunting at the time. The kind of thing that could drive you to go out and get a V11 Tenni years later, not at all realizing why . . .  :blink:

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the support guys,

The Tenni performed great on the recent tour ...one of the few places you can ride twisties hard day after day with the odd 200+ kmh blast.
Hard work keeping up with the old tonti lemons....
Tyres stuffed but much entertainment had by all!

No signs of the flywheel blowing up.....thank god.

Checked it out thru the starter motor drive hole and its alloy with no signs of cracking.... as far as I could see with a light mirror and by feel.
Now 42000 km
Guess i will just keep on going till it makes some issues. 

Sounds like a great trip Tony. Congrats on getting the Tenni. 200kmh.. how sweet it is! I hope you can get some photos up of the trip.

A few hard truth's, as I see it, regarding the aluminum flywheel. Purely what I would consider "likely", and would advise a friend. The alm flywheel was not necessarily poorly spec'd, but was, poorly made. At least some of them. I removed mine from the bike at 13000 miles with no apparent damage. The quality was less than one would expect from a part made to take such a beating. To me it looks turned from cast aluminum. Billet most likely was cost prohibitive, but I would prefer it. (I replaced mine with a RAM single plate clutch, complete with a lightened steel flywheel.) My rational is, if it breaks, it's poorly made.

I honestly don't believe they are all destined to explode, or guaranteed break apart. The real negative about the issue is ... it might. There is anecdotal evidence here and elsewhere, that in some instances, they do indeed.. come apart. Which can and has caused quite a bit of damage. I preemptively swapped mine out for peace of mind. The standard dual plate clutch is another, probably more popular option. There is loads of info here about what and how to do it, and like everything else here ... loads of support from those who have.

Keep an ear tuned to differences in that lovely dry clutch noise.

• 2 years later...

I’m now the current owner of T009 in Perth, Western Australia.

absolutely love it!! 😍🏍👌

Those, to answer the question, are Hepco & Becker Panniers.

I do believe though, that the mounting framework is no longer produced for the V11.

CB0E1497-9869-47F2-8D39-4A2D4AC132E8.jpeg

68F8F872-E728-4896-9ADB-1979E6234D46.jpeg

• Like 5