03 Cafe Sport misfire

galaxiid

I'm very happy with my stock crossover. Regardless what silencers are mounted, stock, MIVV or the long and open Mistrals. Seriously no joking.

Hubert

The stock crossover is as loose as a goose. Should this contribute to the "sneeze"? ....

We might be talking about different things. The stock crossover below the gearbox doesn't come loose. The one in front of the alternator does, on a quite regular basis what I've heard. I don't know exactly what other effects besides a nasty rattling this could cause, however, as long as it's loose a lot of funny things can happen.

Hubert

I'm very happy with my stock crossover. Regardless what silencers are mounted, stock, MIVV or the long and open Mistrals. Seriously no joking.

Hubert

The stock crossover is as loose as a goose. Should this contribute to the "sneeze"? ....

We might be talking about different things. The stock crossover below the gearbox doesn't come loose. The one in front of the alternator does, on a quite regular basis what I've heard. I don't know exactly what other effects besides a nasty rattling this could cause, however, as long as it's loose a lot of funny things can happen.

Hubert

You are right. I must have a screw loose myself. I meant to refer to the balance pipe or whatever in front of alternator. What are the funny things that can happen?

Well, don't have one on my bike, but I'd say (or remember) sneezing, rattling, poping, strange vibrations, O2-sensor confusion, unexpected side effects so to say ;). Or, quoting old Donald R., 'unknown unknowns' might happen.

I'd just fix that first. Don't try to tighten it, someone over here stripped the bolts trying this. Go for new sealings.

Hubert