Too Many Injuries, Thinking Of Selling The Ghezzi Brian Folgore

Mike Stewart

I have owned the 2002 Ghezzi Brian Folgore since mid 2005, I had a track school accident in late 2005 (different bike) and have not ridden much since then. I broke my shoulder over a year ago (mountain biking) and, I just cant ride the low riding position anymore. So, I am thinking of selling the bike, question is, how much is it worth now? No blue book in the States has a listing, do I put it on Ebay to see where the price go's or? By the way, the bike has 7906 km (4912 miles) on it, has Mike Rich ported heads and pistons, powercommander and runs fantastic. What do you guys think?Ghezzi-Brian.jpg

I have owned the 2002 Ghezzi Brian Folgore since mid 2005, I had a track school accident in late 2005 (different bike) and have not ridden much since then. I broke my shoulder over a year ago (mountain biking) and, I just cant ride the low riding position anymore. So, I am thinking of selling the bike, question is, how much is it worth now? No blue book in the States has a listing, do I put it on Ebay to see where the price go's or? By the way, the bike has 7906 km (4912 miles) on it, has Mike Rich ported heads and pistons, powercommander and runs fantastic. What do you guys think?Ghezzi-Brian.jpg

What does a pristine Daytona RS w/ similarly low mileage go for? I'd venture that should be a fairly good starting point for comparison. Good luck! :thumbsup:

I'm sorry to hear that Mike. I've had to move to more upright bikes as well, but for more chronic rather than traumatic reasons. I hope you heal up well! (healt up well? held up well?)

Do you still have the Jackal that you were converting into a cafe bike?

Jason

Hi Jason, The Jackal project died when the economy took the big dive 3.5 years ago. Being unemployed at the time and having big time delays on finding parts and having parts machined took it's toll on the project. I ended up parting the bike out, I still have the frame just incase I feel that urge again (I am feeling it already). I purchased a used 2002 EV last year and put dirt bike bars on it, moved the footpegs rearward 6", changed the exhaust and tuned it with a power commander, this bike runs great, is fun to ride (motard like but has more weight) and is easy on my body.

photo.jpgCali rearsets13.jpg

For now, this is the bike that works well for me. I even wonder if my 03 Rosso will fit the bill any more. The good news is if I sell the Ghezzi Brian, I could pay down a little of our kids student loans! (our son went to NYU (ouch). Moral of the story, save up a lot for your daughter's schooling!

Mike

I'm sorry to hear that Mike. I've had to move to more upright bikes as well, but for more chronic rather than traumatic reasons. I hope you heal up well! (healt up well? held up well?)

Do you still have the Jackal that you were converting into a cafe bike?

Jason

. . . question is, how much is it worth now? . . . do I put it on Ebay to see where the price go's . . . Ghezzi-Brian.jpg

Yep, ebay is the only way to find out how much it is worth. Only question is will you list it without a reserve and see what the market will bear.

Hi Jason, The Jackal project died when the economy took the big dive 3.5 years ago. Being unemployed at the time and having big time delays on finding parts and having parts machined took it's toll on the project. I ended up parting the bike out, I still have the frame just incase I feel that urge again (I am feeling it already). I purchased a used 2002 EV last year and put dirt bike bars on it, moved the footpegs rearward 6", changed the exhaust and tuned it with a power commander, this bike runs great, is fun to ride (motard like but has more weight) and is easy on my body.

Ah, I'm glad you are well enough to ride. Sorry to hear about the sketchy employment. That's a problem a lot of folks have had.

I'm lucky and I'll admit it- our daughter is getting a good education right now, because my wife has a job where we can afford it. As it turns out, the easiest way to get a good education in STL is to pay out the nose for it. Some school districts downtown are not even accredited. She (daughter) just started elementary so we have a long time, but eventually she gets free tuition at my University- one of the few perks of the job. Still, I doubt I'll take advantage of that, although I might take a few courses myself.