'01 V11 sport speedo drive ?

DSRDAVE

I suspect this has been brought up many times before but my right angle drive is broke. I bought the replacement from Teo Lamers but I'm not real happy with it. Does anyone have a good used one or know where to get a new one ??? Thx, Dave.

What's wrong with the part you received?

Did you break the lower (at the gearbox) or upper (at the speedometer)?

What broke exactly?

The angle drive at the gearbox is missing the upper portion that would drive the speedo cable.

I bought one from Moto International back in the Spring. It's an exact match to my stock angle drive (which lasted 36k miles). Unfortunately it cost $90...

Thx Tom, Moto intl. came thru. seemed to be the only one in the states. Have a Teo Lamers adapter if anyone wants ???????????

I bought one from Moto International back in the Spring. It's an exact match to my stock angle drive (which lasted 36k miles). Unfortunately it cost $90...

Thx Tom, Moto intl. came thru. seemed to be the only one in the states. Have a Teo Lamers adapter if anyone wants ???????????

would it be possible to put a speedo drive on the front wheel, ducati part mebbez, just a thought

So, all you got from them is the screw on part that presses into the bevel drive? Fer-cryin'-out-loud! That's the only part that doesn't go bad!

So, all you got from them is the screw on part that presses into the bevel drive? Fer-cryin'-out-loud! That's the only part that doesn't go bad!

I don't understand what your saying. Didn't he get the whole angle drive for $90??

I don't understand what your saying. Didn't he get the whole angle drive for $90??

In post #3, he describes it as missing the "upper portion." And in post#5 refers to it as the "adapter."

I can only assume it (the Teo Lamers part) is just the insert that presses into the bevel drive and has a threaded collar to fasten down onto the gearbox. Sounds to me like it is the complete assembly that cost Tom M $90. Not sure what DSRDAVE might have paid Teo Lamers for the questionable part.