Hiho Playmates!

Gritman

• 3 weeks later...

thanks chaps; most of the hard work done and scheduled to pick it up and bring it home at the end of the month :mg: Looking forward to sorting out the 15M with Paul M's thread to flash the stock module. That was the final jigsaw piece I was ignoring until the mechanicals were sorted. See, procrastination has its benefits :cheese:

• 1 month later...

top tip for anyone slotting a v10 motor in a v11 - don't buy new oil cooler hoses, just turn them around so the elbow goes to the cooler and the banjo to the engine feed/return ports. OK, so I'm not that bright, but it only took me an hour of playing around to find out - once I'd got me bike onto the premises! :thumbsup:

most dejected that the weather is soooooo good and I have no guzzi to ride. :bbblll:

• 1 year later...

Well its been longer than I'd thought, but back to the build now and hoping for rapid progress. Pic is from a dry assembly to check routings/fixings. Still a few bits to iron out but not too far off eh?

D3A65BA8-35D6-4419-9E6A-B81F866908E7_zps

I mentioned this on the COG site but I am realyy liking the balance of black and silver on this bike (as well as the V10 motor in a V11). I can't wait to hear about the finished product.

PS : Which triple clamps did you use for the WP forks? I'm thinking you have the full Centauro front end on there.

• Like 1

Thanks Guys, I need the encouragement! V observant Jim, the front end is mostly Centauro but retains the V11 triple clamps as the offset is 4mm less thereby reducing the wheelbase by same amount.Still not convinced the Centy mudguard is ideal, but I'll deal with that one later. Just hope I've not overdone it and end up with one of them twitchy monsters that wants to kill you~!And yes Czakky, having run a Centauro for 4 years and fallen in love with the motor, it defeats me why they never put it in the V11, so I had to do it myself - like Jaap and others!

Still finishing the house so progress isn't gonna be as fast as I'd like, but the hard work is done. I have retained the 15M ecu and will have to remap it as per Paul Minnaerts work. That should be a steep learning curve for me :huh2:

Anywaysup, at least I'm gettin somewhwere.

• Like 1