Hiho Playmates!

Gritman

the front end is mostly Centauro but retains the V11 triple clamps as the offset is 4mm less thereby reducing the wheelbase by same amount.

Lovely .... more triple clamp information!! Docc ....... can we open that can of worms again? I was planning on using some V11 triples for my Centy project .....

• Like 1

Hey gritman I'd be interested to see a photo of your fuel tank mount solution. It needs to be raised about 30mm correct?

Ciao

Yep, 30mm is about right Phil. Photos of my riser below.....

photo11_zpsa4f7bd7a.jpg

photo21_zpsf51c5f40.jpg

photo3_zps6dc42ea9.jpg

Goodness, look at that dust!

Hope the pics are ok, essentially a pair of offset brackets held together by a piece of threaded welded tubing that accepts the stock tanks mount rubbers.....

Phil, you may also wish to check clearance between the TPS and the fuel pressure regulator. I had to get 5mm milled off the threaded portion of the regulator to get sufficient room to clear the TPS and fit the fuel return hose.... Pics of your work would be nice... are you leaving the motor stock? I've fitted a Roper plate, and the oil pump upgrade comes well recommended. I'm also fortunate to have another V10 motor which I may tweak a bit for track use when I run out of things to do. :luigi:

Phil, you may also wish to check clearance between the TPS and the fuel pressure regulator. I had to get 5mm milled off the threaded portion of the regulator to get sufficient room to clear the TPS and fit the fuel return hose.... Pics of your work would be nice... are you leaving the motor stock? I've fitted a Roper plate, and the oil pump upgrade comes well recommended. I'm also fortunate to have another V10 motor which I may tweak a bit for track use when I run out of things to do. :luigi:

I'm still working on the engine rebuild which is pretty much covered up to the cylinder heads with the exception of having the crank lightened and balanced.

I'm going to run the RAM clutch assy as well but leave it stock except for the usual blue print job. I've also got the steel joe caruso cam and oil pump drive gears with the German oil pump upgrade.

Parts are getting scarce these days and I've had to have the cylinders re nikasiled myself and new pistons. I'll get the cams and lifters gas nitrided and I have new valves to fit and k-line the guides which are seriously worn. can you believe one of the guides in one of my heads had 0.030" clearance!!!!! plus I need to replace a couple of exhaust seats as well so its a bit of a process. I'm also looking at some extra oil feed to the cam lobes to help with the wear these engines suffer from and converting the lifters over to the system the Later Grisso engines use to actuate the rocker.

I'm not looking for horsepower just a sweet and reliable engine. A V11 isnt a sports bike by modern standards, so for me its just my fun road bike.  

Thanks for the tip in the fuel reg,I have 4 new fuel tanks here and the plan was to install one of the later in tank pump versions as I think they have cleaner and simpler plumbing so the reg shouldnt be an issue but plans may change.

I think Ill paint it silver with the std red frame etc. The engine will be installed in the Green V11 you see in my avatar. I can post some pics of the engine if you like when I take some photos of it. I need to document the build anyway so I'll get them done.

Ciao   

All sounds like you'll be getting a really sweet ride Phil....

Details/pics of your cylinder head work would be interesting  - including valve lifter upgrades - not come across that mod before

ciao for now

• 4 weeks later...

The end game is in sight :thumbsup: Finally up together and running. After wiring in the TPS connector to suit the pf09 potentiometer, I couldn't resist a stab at the starter button... with a V11 map on the 15M and unbalanced TB's I thought it would be a long shot, but baby fired up with a few coughs, splutters and generally rough, but she ran!

So now its onto the final tuning tweaks before the shakedown proper. If that all goes ok, I may get jiggy on the aesthetics. Or maybe just ride her on the clear winter days we are bound to enjoy here in sunny Dorset. :)

A big thank you to Jaap and many other forum members who have provided parts, advice and encouragement during the project.

And below is a pic of the current state of play with apologies to Helicopterjim who may have seen it before :whistle:

37A0CECE-F667-4086-B8C8-8FEC5AE46A31_zps

E1CF4A3B-F06A-448B-A135-EE8F61C312E9_zps

• Like 1

...After wiring in the TPS connector to suit the pf09 potentiometer, I couldn't resist a stab at the starter button... with a V11 map on the 15M and unbalanced TB's I thought it would be a long shot, but baby fired up with a few coughs, splutters and generally rough, but she ran! ...

I'm not sure whether the PF09 and the 15M will work together properly. Have you checked the TPS characteristics? In case they're different you should adjust the 15M maps.

Great bike, btw. This engine is made for Hooligans :grin:

Hubert

Thanks for the feedback Luhbo, it won't be long before I'm a tarmac terrorist again ;) .

As for the matching up of efi components, its an issue I've parked until now.... there seem to be 3 options, one of which should work..... I hope!

1. remap the 15m using the Guzzidiag software developed by Paul Minnaert - thread elsewhere on the forum

2. Install a PCIII which will be easier to find someone to set it up with a decent map - I have one that used to live on my Centauro so that reduces the cost a bit.

3. Get a my15M from Cliff Jeffries who reckons he has a map to suit the V10

Option 1 would be the neatest, but I have no idea where to start with creating a map and I think I'd need a rolling road dyno and a technician who can read the software. Option 2 could be a quick soluton, but its all downstream processing and I gain yet another black box of tricks. I am tempted by option 3 which should be plug n play; 1 & 2 mean I've got to find - and pay for - a rolling road dyno session with a competent technician. This requires all the components to be compatible and talk to each other in the same language otherwise you just get a bill and a non-functional bike back - and you never know how good the technician is until you've paid up.

Any guidance will be welcome. I'll start by balancing the TB's at the weekend.

ciao :luigi:

I believe that although the TPS's differ physically they give the same voltages per rotational degrees so it's just a connector issue.

I have a MY15m ecu for my conversion and I spoke to Cliff a few years ago about the maps and at that time he didn't have a map specifically for the V10 but said customers had used the base V11 map as a starting point and it was quite close to the mark.

Ciao