I ask for help with service.

Onibaka

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello, recently with my Guzzi new problem occurred. :huh2:  During the movement started strong vibration and noise in the engine. Wedge transmission. After starting the engine, the more I release the clutch, the more noise, and the clutch was soft. I think the problem is with the clutch or gearbox. I'll be glad your assumptions may later take off video of the engine (before disassembling the engine).

PS when it happened, there was a strong odor from the engine.

Regards.

Sorry can `t identify the smell of the clutch. But has a vague resemblance to a fish. The smell was very strong, felt riding with me. Everything happened instantaneously.  

At first it seemed that the wiring stank, but the smell was sharper, so I never felt ...

Since the purchase was sound (rustling) when I squeeze the clutch. Release bearing likely.

AndyHgstallonsThanks, I knew about the clutch.  :thumbsup: 

Was the clutch slipping when this happened?

Do not quite understand the question ... When the noise began in the engine, I drove another 200 meters, wanted to shift gears, but it jammed. Hitting the foot harder to shift gears, but the vibrations intensified and the bike started to lose traction (power), and then stalled ...

We are having a difficult time with the interpretations . It is critical that all parties understand each other .  

Do you know someone near you that is fluent in English?

As far as I remember, it happened the follwing way:

I was riding with speed not exceeding 100 km/h.

Suddenly I noticed that clutch started slipping, but I’m not pretty sure about that.

At the same time I filled vibration and continuous knocking from the direction of the engine.

I smelled odor of burning things as well.

I stamped clutch lever and I filled that it became a bit softer than usual.

I tried to shift the next gear but gearbox lug seemed to be seized and I was able to shift the gear when I pushed a gearbox lug stronger.

For a next few seconds engine stalled.

Next thing I did is finding neutral and trying to start an engine.

With stamped clutch lever I heard quite soft (but unusual) tapping and when I started releasing clutch lever, this tapping became turning into quite strong hammering from the direction of engine or gearbox.

Also I mentioned that clutch lever became softer than usual when engine started.

P.S. Some time ago before It happened, I mentioned that oil pressure indicator was glowing for a second or two during fast acceleration despite oil level was okay.

I think you will have to separate the engine from gearbox.

At that time it should be obvious where the problem lies.

The oil pressure light can come on under acceleration if the level is low, this is the reason many riders fit a Roper plate.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9425

I don't have one in my V11 Sport but I do keep the oil level close to the full mark.

I think your problem is more like the clutch.

Sounds like the clutch is falling apart - dragging but slipping too. Bad news, sorry! I've had this happen on other bikes but haven't experienced this myself on a V11 so I may be wrong: others should be able offer more informed opinions.

By the way, I don't think the oil light is connected to this problem: you'll see plenty of posts in the forum about the oil in the sump flowing (slopping) backwards under hard acceleration. Best to keep oil level a bit higher than normal or better, get a Roper plate to keep the oil in the sump.