12-12-12 Concert

Did any of my non-US brethren catch the 12-12-12 concert? The internet was blowing up with how bad Kayne West was,which he was.Do you think we have no idea about talent by putting this guy on a pedestal?(I do)The rest of the old codgers were pretty good,Guzzi lovin Billy Joel sounded the best,and I'm not a fan.I grew up with Stones,Beatles,CCR,Sun era Elvis,50's,60's R'N'R(from my parents)Motown,Stax and 70's punk NYC/NY,......,

Didn't see or hear anything. What was it for? Some sort of relief concert?

Talkin about Billy Joel; Yesterday I saw him appear on the TV show Cafe Racer (Discovery Channel). He talked about choppers and how he didn't understand why people made their already dangerous hobby even more dangerous by riding contraptions that don't handle and hardly brake (and make you look silly...)

Didn't see or hear anything. What was it for? Some sort of relief concert?

Talkin about Billy Joel; Yesterday I saw him appear on the TV show Cafe Racer (Discovery Channel). He talked about choppers and how he didn't understand why people made their already dangerous hobby even more dangerous by riding contraptions that don't handle and hardly brake (and make you look silly...)

Yes Jaap it was a benefit for Hurricane Sandy victims.A lot of my friends worked on the show and I work in that building often,be there tomorrow doing TV production.Very well put together show.R.Waters,Stones,Who,Bruce Springsteen,Billy Joel,Bon Jovi.A bunch of ole 60,70's era stars doin short sets.Other than the Kayne set ,a big success.

Apparently Joel as been a biker for decades even before he was famous and a real enthusiast.He opened a cafe in Long Island which I havent been to yet as I usually stay away from celebrity ventures as they're generally crap,but I cant imagine a small cafe making much money so more a of a labour of love than a way to make a quick buck and a place for bikers to get together and talk bikes. :thumbsup:

Somehow media coverage Sandy got over here wasn't as huge as Katrina got a few years back. Don't ask me why. It's a good thing when artists get together and raise money (and awareness) for whatever good cause.

The concert didn't get any attention over here. At least not that I've noticed. Can't speak for other European countries.