Ireland meeting 2013

ferguzzi

Good morning guys.

The other day I took my other bike (also a Guzzi, a V11 KS LeMans*Tenni*) out of the garage, where the sick black V11 KR *Sport* is hoisted to the work platform.

I enjoyed a day at a nearby Guzzi meeting "Kupferpaste" (copper grease), returned home and decided to postpone the Ireland trip to 2014.

Instead, i will ride to Mandello/Italy in September, as compensation :D

See you 2014, guys!

Cheers.

Hope you had a few Stouts on me... -M- ...TAPAtalk via Samsung Galaxy Nexus...

Well, lets see.

Friday evening about 10 people turned at my place and were treated to Angela's chilli. Guzzis are a rare sight in these parts, and it was great to see more in one place then any other time in Ireland recently.

3v11s, a Cali, A 1000s and various other non guzzis. 2 from England, 3 from ulster, and the rest were from various parts of the country. Great fun sitting in the back garden listening for approaching bikes coming up my country lane, trying to recognise the bike. The funniest was ger, the 4 foot biker from cork who turned up on his immaculate Harley chopper after his 850 cafe racer failed him 20 miles from home.

Retired to the pub and it all fades into a alcaholic haze. Bed by 2.

Up the next day to a heart attack inducing hearty fry up, then off for a ride out, 7 bikes, touring the rugged west coast of Clare and Galway, 140 miles took 6 hours, including pee/ fag/ food breaks, some bumpy surfaces, fabulous scenery, nice roads. Weather even behaved. Back to the pub about 6.

More guzzis turned up, norge, stelvio,750 breva. Back to my place for a barbie, 18 people in all.

Then back to the pub, the craic was good!

And repeat.....

Bed at 3.

Woke up a little jaded, headed down to the pub to see if anyone's still there, but no, all spread to the 4 winds.

Good weekend, great to see some guzzis!

From here we had stockport claret, Steve Waller,mo biker and the pilgrim. Everyone else had heard about it from the guzzi Gb site that they kindly let the irish guzzi squadron use. Hopefully next year we'll have more foreign types. Dunno about when as I've a busy year planned Taking a norge across the deep south of the United States in March and then taking my tenni across the US in September so not sure when to plan it.

I'm writing this in a hotel room in Ghana, so can't download any photos, bear with me til I get home.