Le mans Paint Code

kwacluver

Hi, anyone out there in Le mans Land able to help me source the paint code for the dark metallic grey  used on  black bikes and some others. have been pointed in the direction of websites but after much reading all I know is that the paint was made by Lechler. If any one can  give me an actual code that would be great. My Local Guzzi dealership CAN'T !!!!! :huh2:

Well, maybe i've found the holy grail of the V11 painting codes or/and paint recipe's...... I was searching for the paintcode for my rockercovers for my Café Sport and through some carpaint website's etc. etc. i've found the AkzoNobel search mode for car paints. There i found that Moto Guzzi motors was also in the list and when you search you're color, you can get a complete recipe for all kinds of paint mixtures.

I've yet to find a painter who uses AkzoNobel paint an try it. So i can't yet confirm of these are the right ones. I'm going to try it this spring when i'm going to let my rockercovers get a new finish.

Gr. Mjingen   

It's not on their list. However, this colour normaly is an easy find. Check the colour shops in your area. Lechler for instance calls it GUZ 28, master is 193E. But that's just one type of grey. Maybe there's not much difference between them and that this is the reason that Akzo offers much less different tones.

It's a design thing, that's a world beyond any rational experiencies :)

Hubert

Gentlemen, I thank you. the master and Lechler numbers are very useful . I have access to a local auto paint supplier who can make me up a reasonable quantity in spray can. He is prepared to  do a  spectrum analysis  to  match the colour but  a code will interest him far more. I am visiting  him in the next three weeks, if I match the grigio titanium  I will share all  That I discover :thumbsup:

• 7 months later...