V11 Ecu diagnostics and reprogramming

Paul Minnaert

Thanks for listing the connector, as you say I need the RC ecu to run closed loop.  I picked up a used LC-1 lamda controller and an AFR gauge recently and have been riding around looking at the results, tend to wander around a bit at present but quite interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm happy with the MyECU I'm running, so I'll stick with that.

But...I wish this was around years ago, before I spent so many shekles on a VDST.

I'm happy with the MyECU I'm running, so I'll stick with that.

But...I wish this was around years ago, before I spent so many shekles on a VDST.

Brad and I have the Centurian, but I just had to try the Guzzi diag. It works great, and is easier to use than the Techno Research, IMHO. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi paul. I just found this on the forum and it looks like very nice. Good job and thanks for sharing.  I have been playing around with my Ducatis for a long time using the ultimap U59 ECU and lately using Ducati diag to flash the MM 59m ECU:s. I am on the way to get a Guzzi and the only thing holding me up was the 15m ECU and the lack of possibilities to flash it. It looks like that might be sorted now and nothing can stop me from getting a Guzzi :-)

I have looking at this thread ( I am actually at work now so I can not download it or try it) and noticed that you are using tuner pro for map editing and you are supplying the XDF file for it.

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I love tunerpro and the possibility to work with a bin file. In Ducati Diag they use there own file format meaning that tunerpro is a no no.  

Thats all for now and thanks for the hard work and thanks for sharing.

Jocke.........

This is fabulous! Great work Paul, it resolves an issue I had parked until the mechanical build was done...... now I can look forward to a fully functional and solution retaining the 15M for my V10 powered V11 project! Doubtless I'll be back here with some dumb questions when I get to it :blink:

I can tell that for all 15rc ecu, the kat v11 ones, the lambda can be switched of. You can dismount the lambda without error in the logs, and for idle mixture the old co setting is working again. Next to that you could make the map so that setting co isn't needed. 

Procedure: download the map, send it to me, I send it modified back and you upload it. Want lambda back? just upload original map. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Are there any finished maps available for the the 2001 V11S yet? No lambda on my bike, and I have some pinging issues I'd like to take care of, and have no idea what I'm doing as far as timing and fuel adjustments.

Ken 

• 2 weeks later...

Your bike has power commander if I remember correctly?  Or was there more done, ecu mapping by guzzitech too?   When does it ping, and do you have it both sides?

A dealer here told me that later californias all ping on one side. 

Your bike has power commander if I remember correctly?  Or was there more done, ecu mapping by guzzitech too?   When does it ping, and do you have it both sides?

A dealer here told me that later californias all ping on one side. 

Yes Paul, I have (actually did have as of late last week) PCIII, and a reflash by Todd. I've only heard the pinging on the left side.

I actually just took my bike to Jim at Rosefarm for tweaking, and I now have a stock ECU (good thing I had a spare), no power commander, and fuel trim at +11. The bike runs better than ever right now. It could use some tweaking at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

Given that I don't know what I'm doing here, I think that nevertheless I have followed the correct steps and I'm getting no joy:

1. ordered the cables, both parts (Adapter Stecker Fiat Lancia Alfa Romeo OBD OBD2 II plug and VAG COM USB ODB2 DIAGNOSTIC CABLE 409.1 OBD2 II LEAD): they were delivered today
  2. loaded the driver onto my PC (Win7) as supplied in this post: so far so good.
  3. downloaded the GuzziDiag software (v0.32)
  4. plugged cable into computer USB and the 3-pin female plug on bike ECU
  5. started GuzziDiag:
  6. selected:
    • Language: English
    • COM Port: COM3
    • Motorcycle: V11 Sport
  7. selected Menu File > Connect
    • Switch on ignition message appears
    • switched on ignition, started bike
  8. After 10 secs, I get Ignition off message: no readings in Guzzi Diag

I have tried COM 4, and a different USB port on the PC with no difference.

I suspect one part or the other of the cable set is not working but I could be missing something else.

I'm not sure what to do next even if I did get some readings in GuzziDiag, but first steps first: I'm not even getting to first base here.

Anyone offer advice?

AndyH

One more thing - the ECU end adapter comes with red and black leads with croc clips. I assumed these would be redundant but do these need connecting to something? I don't want to fry the ECU by connecting them i n the wrong place, but maybe that's what I'm missing...

Can't find instructions for newbies on this stuff so I'm flying blind here: carbs weren't the easiest things to fettle in their day but this is a different ball game altogether!

AndyH

The alligator clips go to the battery.

I had to have my friend configure one of my USB ports to Comm 6 (I think it was 6?, maybe it was 4) and set the data rate in order for it to connect. He had to use google translate in order to find out what everything meant. I'm running XP on my laptop. It also seems that you have to turn on the ignition as soon as it prompts you to. 

Also, check the site in case you have FTDI driver issues. There are 2 versions depending on what chip you have in the cable. http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

The software is nice to monitor your bike: you can set the TPS, clear any ECU errors, etc.

Ken

OK, well that's a step forward, thanks Ken.

Worth knowing about COM6 but I did eventually figure in Device Manager that the port was set up for COM4 - although it wouldn't work anyway without those leads connected. :huh2:

Will try again tomorrow.

Andy