V11 Ecu diagnostics and reprogramming

Paul Minnaert

16 hours ago, X goose said:

Hello, 
Has anyone been able to load Guzzidiag to a Mac running Big Sur?
I can't get it to go :huh2:

Sorry, Guzzidiag won’t open with newer versions of macOS I am afraid. Easiest route is to install Windows 10 Pro on the Mac from Bootcamp. Very simple and free. See my last post.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Hammershaug

I am going to try and kill two birds I guess. I need the OS that will run both Guzzidiag and Tune ECU for my KTM. I think the last time I connected to the KTM I was on win 8 but I suspect finding a driver and cable adapter for a current Mac will be challenging. I'll look into running that on win10 if that's what Guzzidiag prefers. 

It's this type of thing that makes me miss carburetors!! 

• Haha 2

Come off it docc, diaphragm?  That's not even a real carb.  God invented the flat slide for a reason 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 7:37 AM, 68C said:

Come off it docc, diaphragm?  That's not even a real carb.  God invented the flat slide for a reason 

Just think of the diaphragm as a *really* simple computer that interfaces the carb and the unpracticed throttle hand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...
44 minutes ago, docc said:

Android version 13?

Quote from Bernd's documentation on the German forum:

Was benötigt man nun um mit dem Steuergerät sprechen zu können?

1. Ein Computer mit einem der folgenden Betriebssystemen

Microsoft Windows (ab XP) sowohl 32 als auch 64bit
Linux (ab Kernel 2.4) sowohl 32 als auch 64bit
Apple Mac OS (ab Version 10.4) nur 64bit und nur auf Intel Basis

DeepL says:

What do I need to be able to talk to the control unit?

1. a computer with one of the following operating systems

Microsoft Windows (from XP) both 32 and 64bit
Linux (from kernel 2.4) both 32 and 64bit
Apple Mac OS (from version 10.4) only 64bit and only Intel based

So, no, it wont. :huh2:

• Thanks 1

At one of our South'n SpineRaids, an experienced technician used a "tablet" (or something like that) to connect GuzziDiag. I was impressed with the handiness! I was given this Samsung/Android "SmartPhone" as a SatNav tool since I complain bitterly, and endlessly, about my Garmin experiences. Not sure where my SatNav is going, but that is another topic . . .

What would be the smallest, most reliable "handheld" device to connect GuzziDiag in a remote setting?

We have a thing at work called a "surface". I believe it is a Microsoft product. Runs windows, and is effectively a normal Windows PC, but in the "tablet with touchscreen" form. I'd be looking for something like that.

I have no real idea if the operating system on an i-Pad is the same as in a Mac computer, but believe it is not (i.e. Guzzidiag wouldn't run). :huh2:

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2023 at 8:02 PM, docc said:

At one of our South'n SpineRaids, an experienced technician used a "tablet" (or something like that) to connect GuzziDiag. . . .

What would be the smallest, most reliable "handheld" device to connect GuzziDiag in a remote setting?

Hey Docc,      I've also read of experienced techs using GD on smaller/simpler tablet devices,,, the fine working details are above my paygrade.

I know this isn't your first rodeo,preaching to the choir I'm sure;but for the benefit of others that might be reading; depending on how remote a setting you'll be at,,, electrical power supply/chargers to keep bikes & devices,charged & working right for repeated use,is also something to keep in mind.

fwiw  

• Thanks 1