V11 Ecu diagnostics and reprogramming

Paul Minnaert

So if we look at the view of the ‘how the editing works’ we see the top left cell has 84.14 @8500 = 195

I assume this means Wide open Throttle = 84.14 degrees and that at 8,500 rpm we deliver 195.0 fuel .

What does the 195 mean, is it a quantity or weight of fuel, is it the injection duration?

I think it probably has to be injector duration, altho' it may not be in microsecs, maybe an arbitrary time-slice, ie: 195 [out of a possible 200] or somesuch. Good question tho', I'm sure Paul will reply in due course...

This is really awesome news, I dl'd. the early ducdiag software last year? back when it was only in French: now that I can get it in English, maybe I can start to make some headway on understanding how to use it! :thumbsup:

... What does the 195 mean, is it a quantity or weight of fuel, is it the injection duration?  I ask as a typical figure for the MyECU would be Wide Open Throttle at 8,143rpm = 10368 micro seconds  injection duration....

Actually it's just the hex value in the bin file. Multiply it with 64.5 and you'll get a value in micro seconds. Be aware that MyEcu and WM15 do things differently. While MyEcu usually does percentage corrections the WMs sum up the different map values (temp, barom., oil) to get the final 'ontime'. Your 10368 is also without the 1500 microsecs voltage correction, isn't it? 

I think it's easier/better to compare just the overall look of the maps, using the graphs of either TunePro or Excel.

Hubert  

I just took the MyEcu data off the SPORT.ECU file supplied by Cliff as an example.  I understand that the ambient/oil temp and barometric pressure modify the timings actually sent to the injector.  I assume the IAW15M must do something similar.  I need to study how to get the two maps displayed as a 3d graph.

Here are the leads required to connect as shown in a post last year:

I have had this software for a couple of weeks but not owning a Carc guzzi have been unable to try it out although from what I have read on the forum it works fine. The developer is also close to completing diagnostic software for the p8/15m/16m ecu. I bought the leads from ebay for £15 delivered next day.The software author has also a program for tensioning ducati belts. The forum is in french with an international section. With the help of google chrome translate I have learnt alot. The software is free but the developer accepts donations.

http://ducatidiag.xooit.com/index.php

ducatidiag tool (5am ecu):

http://jpl250rs.perso.sfr.fr/download999/Ducatidiag22.zip

Example leads:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OBD2-Diagnostic-Cable-Adapter-f-Fiat-Alfa-Romeo-Lanica-/380320514802?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item588cde82f2#ht_3655wt_989

AA308_g.jpg

AA308_2.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140541643123&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_3366wt_905

usb-cab011_1.jpg

Paul Minnaert of mgcn has put a page together about this diagnostic software, if you are not fluentin dutch google /google chrome translates:

http://www.mgcn.nl/dameijer/Software-voor-je-injectie-Guzzi

There is also another diagnostic tool in development, it looks very basic but works ok so far. This time from http://www.guzzi-forum.de:

Guzzidiag tool:
http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/GuzziDiag_V0.11.exe

• 2 weeks later...

So today I made the last test from beta writer softwere. All works great now. No worry about loosing the ecu, The part of the software that makes the communication for programming isn't erased. So even if something goes wrong during programming, it will allways be possible to programm again. 

The writer from guzzidiag is available now. Also new versions from the diagnostics, new compiler should make the mac and linux versions better. All downloads:

http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

In the software is a paypal donation button for the ones who like to spend the developer some money for his hard work.  

Many thanks, I found and used the button.  We really need to support this guy.

Does anyone know if there any actual differences between the 'with lamda IAW15RC' and the 'without lamda IAW15M' ecus other than the software, in other words can I reprogram an IAW15M to act as an IAW15RC?  Also can we reprogram the more common ex Ducati IAW15 ecus to run on a Guzzi?

They're totally different inside. Different flash unit, different cpu, the maps are also structured differently. But you can swap them on the bike just 1:1. Personally I think the IAW15RC performs smoother, although I couldn't say for what reason. Perhaps just a slightly less aged firmware?

That said any available IAW15 for a two cylinder bike should be usable. Just try it out. Don't go for scooter versions unless you just need the housing for an adult ecu ;)

Hubert

This is awesome! I was thinking of going MYEcu, but I'd rather go this route if possible... I'll probably need it after the Ti pipes are installed. :) Crossover and airbox mods next? ;)

Thanks to all involved in this project! :mg:

Good Luck! And you shouldn't compare MYEcu to this solution. MYEcu is different in what it is, in where it comes from, in what it does and in what idea's behind it.

This software thing described above can help you to get rid of a PC, but not per se and not very much more than that. But it's free and it's a nice to have, of course. 

Good Luck! And you shouldn't compare MYEcu to this solution. MYEcu is different in what it is, in where it comes from, in what it does and in what idea's behind it.

This software thing described above can help you to get rid of a PC, but not per se and not very much more than that. But it's free and it's a nice to have, of course. 

Agreed, I really like the closed loop functions of MYEcu, so it's not off the table. For more immediate, cheaper tuning though I may opt for this solution.

68C, thanks for spending. 

I'm trying the other way, copying the 15m maps in a 15rc ecu. My wireloom is from a v11 Kat, so has the one extra wire for the lambda. 

But a 15m will never do Lambda regulation. 

I know there are a few different hardware versions of the 15m, the letter behind the 15m could be a8 or something else.

I know the ducati people speak of with sidestandswitch or not depending of the ecu variation. Maybe they just work.

ducati is 15M.A8 or 15M.A0, on guzzi I've seen 15M.C1 and 15M.C5.

But anyway if a ducati ecu doesn't work, just write back the original map and than it can go. And let us know so anyone knows. 

Most closed loop ecu's only close the loop in certain conditions. Most when constant speed is used. At the moment you open the throttle, it's not regulating.   

• Like 1

For interest sake my 2004 (2003 built?) Rosso Corsa has an IAW15M,C7 and is labelled MG V11 LE MANS MY 02, not sure if that is the most up to date ecu for that bike.

I obtained an IAW15M.A8 labelled DUCATI MONSTER 900 which I stripped to build the My15M including robbing the main connector. I am now considering getting another connector and resurrecting the little beast.  This may give me a spare to play with.

Although a 'non lamda bike' my wiring loom has the connector for the O2 sensor so it was easy to connect the sensor up to the My15M.

You can now see why I was asking if I can make the old Ductati unit operate closed loop.

Good luck with project which I suppose not suprisingly reminds me of the DucatiDiag software I have also been playing with.

The truth is however my bike runs fine with the original ECU, I am just tinkering about - I have now got the My15M to run as well as the original except for slower starting.

• Like 1