V11 Ecu diagnostics and reprogramming

Paul Minnaert

Got help from Bernd, he also sent me two other bin files from different years of Breva. 

There are quite a lot of differences between them, gonna try them out and see what happens :) 

So if there are any others here with a Breva 750  it would be fun to check more bin files. 

But most of all I like the TPS reset function, it's so much easier to synchronize the cylinders now. 

I have a TwinMax to do this and before Guzzidiag I had to go to a workshop to reset it. 

Now I can really do the sync. to a minmum of difference between the cylinders, really great. 

/Peter

• Like 1

Will this also work on the Fox Kit ECU's??  My Ballabio has this ECU, and no one seems to know anything about making changes in it.  Thanks.

what is a fox kit ecu, is it a marelli with other map, or complete different hardware? Can you connect guzzidag to it and see all things?

• 4 weeks later...

For the ones with newer Guzzi with Carc, there is a writer now for that 5am ecu. You can switch of the lambda in Tunerpro, and that makes any 5am running better, guaranteed. That is because the lambda makes it lean at lower revs, and thus the acceleration suffers from it. We got a lot of happy people already. Also for a numebr of bikes some map changes are possible, like to kill deceration noise, warmup changes, more torque for newer griso's.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody, hiPaul,

its been a while since i posted on this forum.

As i got myself now finally also a V11 that  will eventually get the stucchi crossover i asumme i will sooner later need to update or at least control the Mapping.

As i furthermore have a Innovate LM2 that i wanted to use allready for months i will start as soon as i can to check the 02 level whereabouts on my bike.

Anyways to keep it short and simple:

Big compliments for your work and achievement and if i can i will gladly pass the hopefully to be gained info, which at this point is focused on my non lambda 2000 V11 with mistral mufflers.

You guys did a great achievement for the guzzi community : Thanks a lot !!!

Kind regards from genova

Christian

PS: And hi again to everybody from the V11 newbie :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys,

For a fellow V11 colleague of mine from italy I would like to place here a question:

Do any of you maybe still have an original non touched bin file for a 2001 non lamba bike with the15m??

From what I understood he unfortunately mistakenly modified the original bin file without making a safety copy.

I'm still not to touch the mapping on my bike for at least another 1-2 months (thanks to work travel) so I wanted to ask if maybe one of you could help out?

Thanks in advance and wishing a nice weekend

Christian

• 6 months later...

Can anyone help me out here?  I was able to connect and run Guzzi Diagnostics.  My CO trim was 13.  I think the next step was to download the map but the IAW15 ecu reader has an error when I try to save it.  It says cant open the file.

2002 Lemans V11 

ECU is IAW15m.c5

Lean in the midrange and doesnt want to idle steadily at stop lights.  I'd be happy to write up a doc for those of us in the states.

... doesnt want to idle steadily at stop lights.

1. Do check your TPS and balance if you haven't already.

2. Then set your valve clearances - Raceco settings can make a big difference here (again if you haven't already).

3. Then sort out the fuelling.

Just a minor suggestion to set the valves before the throttle body balance. Valves with the motor cooled (after 45 minutes or so is fine) and the balance at operating temp and not at idle.

I'm about to dive into the ignition map on Guzzidiag. I have a couple questions for the experienced.

XDF files... I've got the XDF file from Bernd at Guzzidiag, is this what I am tuning? Because I think I am able to open my Bin in TunerPro...?

I guess I'm mostly just foggy on what is the purpose of each other?

Load the XDF into TunerPro: the program uses it to interpret the map.

Then import the map file. It should all unfold before your eyes.

It took me a while to get my head around how TP works too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

First batch of questions.

Why are there two start enrichment maps?

When changing fuel (maps) is it necessary to change both left and right cyl. maps? or is the base (left) the only one  to change?

Why do the fuel/ignition maps show what I assume is the throttle opening percentage in a non linear fashion i.e. 1.0, 2.0, 4.2-60.9, 84.9?