V11 Ecu diagnostics and reprogramming

Paul Minnaert

I'm late to the party here. I haven't plugged in hardware nor loaded drivers yet, but My blue vag 409.1 cable and Fiat adapter couldn't have worked as delivered due to an incomplete ground path.

It appears that only the "K" and "L" line functions apply here, with IAW15 pins 9 and 10 passing through Fiat cable pins 3 and 1 to the OBDII connector  pins 7 and 15 respectively. Additionally the blue cable needs 12Volts and ground via the red and the black alligator clips respectively, to OBDII pin 16 and pins 4/5.

My problem was that the Fiat cable ground only goes to OBDII connector pin 5, while the blue adaptor cable ground circuit only went to OBDII connector pin 4. So the board in the blue cable couldn't be powered up and the K and L signal levels had no reference.

My fix was to move the black wire inside the blue housing from pin 4, which went nowhere, to pin 5, which gets to IAW15 ground and battery return.

So if if you have a problem with the blue cable, this might be worth checking.

Thanks for the good work you guys have done here.

Hi, I just got me an Griso 850 2006, and now I'm wondering if there's a newer firmware out there for this bike. 

This is the information I got when I saved the original bin file, 

Drawing: 2229GRS8529
Hardware: IAW5AMHW610
Omologation: 
Software:            
Tester: WLoad1039T
Date: 2006.04.06

/Peter

• 3 weeks later...

Why are there two start enrichment maps?

When changing fuel (maps) is it necessary to change both left and right cyl. maps? or is the base (left) the only one  to change?

Why do the fuel/ignition maps show what I assume is the throttle opening percentage in a non linear fashion i.e. 1.0, 2.0, 4.2-60.9, 84.9?

1. There is one. 

2. only left(main) will do, the delta map is a difference from left

3 Is so because there is more difference in small openings. Most of the time you have no more then 20 degrees open. 

Hi,

Why do the fuel/ignition maps show what I assume is the throttle opening percentage in a non linear fashion i.e. 1.0, 2.0, 4.2-60.9, 84.9?

the area of the inlet, dependent on the TPS angle, is non-linear because its a sine-function. With 30° TPS opening the inlet is already 50% open.

Cheers

Meinolf

PS The table below does not include the area blocked by the shaft. But as this is "hidden" for throttle openings below ~70° and then only further accelerates the non-linear effect it shouldn't matter for the purpose of visualizing the reason.

https://db.tt/xSczhd0T

• 3 weeks later...

This could be just the best thing. I think this is just what I need. I have a power commander on the bike it is a very old one but it is working very well. I have just p/u a old set of carb balance tubes man that has made a big different.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi to all!  :grin:

I buy this cable:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-3pin-OBD2-KKL-VAG-409-1-USB-Fiat-ECU-Scan-Diagnostic-Interface-Alfa-Fiat-/251603446444?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

I install the drivers without problems and get recognized. (I work with computers so no problem here)

But GuzziDiag show me nothing...  :homer:

Any idea whats the problem? Anyone have this cable?

Best regards! 

Check out what chip is inside, then try different driver versions, then open the connector and check the connections and solderings, then buy a different brand. That's what I did some years ago. Or call the buyer and tell him the China crap he's selling doesn't work. It will not surprise him and he'll send you another one. This is also a personal experience I made.

Hubert

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...