Finally found a bike

Goosed Again

After looking around for bit, reading the board, and lots of hemming and hawing, I came across a bike on CL that peeked my interest: 2001 Naked, black with red frame. If you search CL in San Francisco the guy has delisted the ad with SOLD in the heading. I'm down in L.A. For another month before heading home to southern Oregon. With that in mind, this week I'm gonna have it dropped at Werkstat in SF and let them go through it. Hopefully I won't have to sell the farm to pay that bill but I am getting it for an excellent price already. When they're done I'll just have it shipped north to my place outside Medford. Looking forward to taking some nice rides up there this spring, the roads are in great shape and lots of nice twisties!

Have any of you dealt with Werkstat? I know Ed Milich is conected to it so I'm hoping for a real good experience.

An '01 Black with red frame is really the pinnacle of the V11 arc.  Nicely done.

I don't know Werkstat, but if Ed is connected to it (owns it?  Works there?  I don't know the connection), I would trust it.  That is to say, I trust Ed.

8700 miles on it. Supposed to have a little trickery already though I'm not sure what exactly other then exhaust. Oh, and the guy selling said it had the engine "balanced" by Desmotosports in SF. I know they're a Duc shop but maybe they did something beneficial. I am pretty much getting the bike sight unseen but am getting it for a pretty incredible price.

First things first - get it checked, dialed in, and then use as prescribed.

I came across a bike on CL that peeked my interest: 2001 Naked, black with red frame. 

[sorry for the gratuitous spelling flame, but I can't resist] Piqued your interest.

Sounds spiffy! Looking forward to pics! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I came across a bike on CL that peeked my interest: 2001 Naked, black with red frame. 

[sorry for the gratuitous spelling flame, but I can't resist] Piqued your interest.

Sounds spiffy! Looking forward to pics! :thumbsup:

I kint hep it, I is produck of Merican edge a macation system

Hey Goosed! Congratulations on your buy. I'm fairly new to Guzzi ownership myself, having bought a Ballabio little under a year ago. I read your other thread and I'm curious as to why you passed on the Ballabio?

When I saw the Billybob I was at work checking it out on FleaBay Classifieds. After the input from here I thought it was still worth looking into but couldn't seem to locate it that weekend via my phone which is my only source of Internet while I'm in LA on a job. It probably was a really nice bike but the owner was very firm on price as well which I considered a bit steep if it did indeed have to have a lot of rubber replaced.