Magni Fairing Mounting

Jetdoc

Just received a Magni fairing in slime green. Mounting instructions are pretty limited. Got it all figured out with the following exception. For anyone that has mounted one of these, what are the two @ 2.5" long x .5" square aluminum blocks for, that have the 3@ 6mm holes, two of which are tapped, the other drilled through and countersunk? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jetdoc

2005 V11 Sport

1998 Centauro Sport

Just received a Magni fairing in slime green. Mounting instructions are pretty limited. 

Thanks

Jetdoc

2005 V11 Sport

1998 Centauro Sport

Ican't help you but I didn't know Magni made a fairing for a v11 sport. Post a picture when you get it done please

Just received a Magni fairing in slime green. Mounting instructions are pretty limited. Got it all figured out with the following exception. For anyone that has mounted one of these, what are the two @ 2.5" long x .5" square aluminum blocks for, that have the 3@ 6mm holes, two of which are tapped, the other drilled through and countersunk? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jetdoc

2005 V11 Sport

1998 Centauro Sport

Hello

They are used for relocating the gauges.

• 4 weeks later...

One more question re the Magni fairings and the V11 - I've noticed the kit comes with handlebars - do they lower the position of the stock V11 Sport bars? If so, how much?

Thanks

Vince Z

Columbia, MD USA

It's been a while since I fitted mine, but as I recall the kit clip-ons are indeed a little lower than stock. The other modification I had to do was to re-shape the front brake reservoir bracket slightly (just a little bend / twist) to improve clearance ...

Gio

The supplied clip ons drop things about 2", although the supplied bars will work just fine, been trying to adapt some billet Apex adjustible bars, jury is still out due to clerance issues with top triple clamp will have to see if they can be adapted with some machining work. Apex are first rate kit and give some adjustiblity. 

JetDoc

2001 V11

1998 Centauro Sport

2007 Norge

• 3 months later...

Just got my new fairing from magni. Everything looks oki but can´t find out some of the bracket festening.

On the bottom of it is the fish hook that goes on the frame this is oki, but the part over it whit the bolt and nut ?

Don`t find any parts for installation or where to fasten it ?

Anybody :-) a picture of the finished installation - showing the bracket would be appreciated :-) :-) 

Bjørn

A picture of the problem :-)

IMG_0701.JPG