Spotted! Izzat you?

Skeeve

Saw a burgundy/grey LeMans yesterday [sunday, 24Feb13] in Fountain Valley, CA [uSA] near the Euclid on-ramp of the 405 fwy at around 3:15pm.

Was that anyone from here on v11lm.com?

[NB: you wouldn't have noticed me, I was just some dumb pickup pulling a trailer w/ a lathe & cherry picker [engine hoist] on it...]

I always get so excited when I see a V11 model in the wild, they're so uncommon. Or any Guzzi for that matter!.. :bike:

yeah, these sightings are quite rare. especially in the sticks where i live.

about a year & half ago i was at liquor store close by( bottle of single malt) & a person on a blue 1100 sport (WTF? talk about rare) was just leaving, haven't seen it since.

BTW, i always look at lathes on the back of trucks, occupational hazzard i guess. what kind, what size?

cheers. steve

yeah, these sightings are quite rare. especially in the sticks where i live.

about a year & half ago i was at liquor store close by( bottle of single malt) & a person on a blue 1100 sport (WTF? talk about rare) was just leaving, haven't seen it since.

BTW, i always look at lathes on the back of trucks, occupational hazzard i guess. what kind, what size?

cheers. steve

Howard R, from Maryland, has a blue sport and was at the Oregon nationals... but that was in '10.  I have an old 13" LeBlond Regal.. now that is a great old lathe. :grin:

cheers. steve

Two actually, both 12"x36". One in the truck was a HF [China] special, the other on the trailer is an old Sears Craftsman [nee Atlas] hobby lathe [ Much lighter duty, & to be sold; had it 1st, then got the HF unit on a end of stock floor model closeout @ 1/2 price. Haven't had anywhere to set the big one up since I got it, but that's changing now! :-) ]

i know the 12" atlas, friend is a custom bicycle framebuilder, he has one.

chuck, i actually ran a leBlond regal MANY years ago in a jr.college course, a VERY nice lathe.

if i ever retire, i'll have to buy a bigger lathe, as at home i only have a 9" south bend. i've had it about 35yrs, & actually cut a couple whitworth screws for an old norton i had.

seems  many M/C riders have a soft spot for machine tools.

cheers, steve

Soft spot, checking in.  I have an old Clausing 6300.  It must have been one of the first off the line because the serial number predates anything that Clausing has on file.  Good lathe, though.  

BTW, Skeeve- I moved it into my basement with a cherry picker.  Great minds, etc.