REAR SHOCK SWAP

ELDORADO

moto guzzi v11 2003

anyone swapped the rear shock from another make/model, my eye on the sachs is cracked and was looking for a shock from another make and model that may fit any ideas or advise

has anyone fitted a shock from another make i.e. honda. bmw etc if so what make and model???

"Whitepower" produced a model compatible to the 'Sachs'.

Guzzi used it in the V11. We didnt hear about WP having a cracked eye, other than the Sachs which is notorious for it.

Alternatively you may search for a used shock absorber&spring used by Guzzi in their model *1100 Sport*.

Used it will cost you rd. 200 - 250 € here in Germany.

-M-

...TAPAtalk via Samsung Galaxy Nexus...

The wife's has a Penske.

Very nice shock.

Custom sprung and valved.

We went with that because the stock Sachs shock broke at the eye.

"Whitepower" produced a model compatible to the 'Sachs'. Guzzi used it in the V11. We didnt hear about WP having a cracked eye, other than the Sachs which is notorious for it. Alternatively you may search for a used shock absorber&spring used by Guzzi in their model *1100 Sport*. Used it will cost you rd. 200 - 250 € here in Germany. -M- ...TAPAtalk via Samsung Galaxy Nexus...

As far as we have ever known, the White Power was fitted to the Sport 1100 and the 1100 Sport, but never to a V11 even though it appeared in sales literature and early press reports. I would think it would fit if you can find one, especially that of the later 1100 Sport ie which had identical side plates (pork chops).

Hagon make a good shock for the v11, probably best value too, at around £300 Paul

Yep, the Hagon is just fine for me. Unless you're really working the bike hard and would notice the difference so need that external reservoir etc., the Hagon is perfectly serviceable for real life riding, good value and guaranteed for 2 years.

Better than a cracked Sachs eye any day.

Andy