'02 ti pipes, ecu and PC map on '04

Lamedog

Searching past tech topics for this, but thought I'd post here. Picking up a '04 Nero Corsa with 1200 miles tomorrow. A bit to new to be a barn find, but the owner's priorities changed soon after buying it and he has a bigger garage than mine. I cUrrently own an '02 Lemans that is well sorted at 31 k miles. Idea is to move the better bits from the '02 to the corsa and sell the '02 since this makes things easier at home.

Question is how much to migrate? The '02 has "guzzi" Ti pipes and ecu, a PC III with map recommended for this setup from Moto Intl,

Roper Slop plate, centerstand, and some ergonomic aids (HD lower pegs and custom bar risers). Runs much better than stock, though the dominant benefit was the exhaust and ecu. Power commander seemed to help with the power dip in mid RPM, but I never did put it on a dyno

I'm thinking, the Ti map would have incorrect map for the '04 because of the front crossover (at least). Is it worth swapping this for the ignition advance and correcting the map with the Power Commander? Or, is there an '04 ecu available separately? Or reflash the '02 TI ecu?

Is there consensus on value of the front exhaust crossover? This one is still tight because of low mileage. Any sense in switching to headers and using the '02 PC map, or is this a losing propisition? Also between '02 and '04 they changed from caps on the throttle body port to an interonnecting hose. Does this complexity help performance, or is it just a gradual accumulation of clutter?

Idea is to move the better bits from the '02 to the corsa and sell the '02 since this makes things easier at home.

Question is how much to migrate? The '02 has "guzzi" Ti pipes and ecu, a PC III with map recommended for this setup from Moto Intl,

Roper Slop plate, centerstand, and some ergonomic aids (HD lower pegs and custom bar risers)....

I'm thinking, the Ti map would have incorrect map for the '04 because of the front crossover (at least). Is it worth swapping this for the ignition advance and correcting the map with the Power Commander? Or, is there an '04 ecu available separately? Or reflash the '02 TI ecu?

Is there consensus on value of the front exhaust crossover? This one is still tight because of low mileage. Any sense in switching to headers and using the '02 PC map, or is this a losing propisition? Also between '02 and '04 they changed from caps on the throttle body port to an interonnecting hose. Does this complexity help performance, or is it just a gradual accumulation of clutter?

Last thing first: the interconnect btw the bleed ports on the throttle bodies just helps to keep them feeling like they're in sync even when they're slightly off. Yamaha built this into the heads of some of their mid-80s 4cyl UJMs [the YICS intake], which required a $pecial tool to block off the ports from each other when doing a for-real carb balance. Just remember to block off the ports when you're doing a sync, and then reinstall the bridge & it will make up for that last little bit of precise syncing that's just never quiet achievable...

As for the front x-over affecting your map: Todd & Ed & others who should know say that it doesn't really make a noticeable difference, so I'd just swap the pipes & keep using the existing map you've got. Basically, I'd say keep all your farkles by xfering them to the new bike, and decide after you've ridden the new bike a bit if it needs a new map for the PCIII or if the existing one works ok for the Ti pipes/"race" ecu on the Nero Corsa.