Spine frame transmission mount

callison

Would this be the same part that Doc has on his bike? Number 15, part GU37202805. Looks like they have it in stock.  Kind of pricey though.

https://www.oemmotorparts.com/oem5.asp?M=Moto_Guzzi&T=Sport&Y=1995&L=MG-SPORT_1&O=Frame&F=MG-SPORT_1_20&L2=MG-SPORT_1_20

It "may" be but the sport used the 5 speed gearbox and the 6 speed engine trans is offset a little in the frame ( 10mm from memory)

Ciao 

8mm is just a little smaller than 3/8 in.  Why would that matter?

8MM is within a couple of thousandths of 5/16" 

I've found 5/16"X 4" so far..

5/16 would work over 8mm I guess. I came to the 8mm decision only by guesstimation based on the original looking like it's 4mm steel and the ally because it's easier to work. From all accounts its tight working in there and I wouldnt like to make a bunch of them without proving the 8mm concept first.

How many would be interested in a plate like this?

Ciao

The OEM aluminum alloy piastra colleg on my Sport measures 5 mm (0.197") thickness.

3/16" is ~0.188", or 0.010" thinner, while 1/4" would be 0.053" thicker.

Either would work, but I would personally go with the closest fit since the whole affair is such a tight fit to begin with.

(For the express purposes of mixing inch-measure, metric, fractions, and decimals:  ten thousandths of an inch is 1/4 mm, while fifty thousandths is a millimeter and a third )  :nerd::wacko::huh:

Would this be the same part that Doc has on his bike? Number 15, part GU37202805. Looks like they have it in stock.  Kind of pricey though.

https://www.oemmotorparts.com/oem5.asp?M=Moto_Guzzi&T=Sport&Y=1995&L=MG-SPORT_1&O=Frame&F=MG-SPORT_1_20&L2=MG-SPORT_1_20

Depending on stock, etc.. that price is *easily* beatable. 

Phil, talked to the shop and they are getting dimensions for a water jet.  They seemed agreeable that to make additional pieces.  

Ok cool, looks like I was wrong about the size and material of the original plate, sorry.

Ciao

The OEM aluminum alloy piastra colleg on my Sport measures 5 mm (0.197") thickness.

3/16" is ~0.188", or 0.010" thinner, while 1/4" would be 0.053" thicker.

Either would work, but I would personally go with the closest fit since the whole affair is such a tight fit to begin with.

(For the express purposes of mixing inch-measure, metric, fractions, and decimals:  ten thousandths of an inch is 1/4 mm, while fifty thousandths is a millimeter and a third )  :nerd::wacko::huh:

Thanks Docc, I got both the size and material wrong, doh

Ciao

Dont know that this part would fit the V11. The original V11 p/n is 01202830.

Ciao

Ciao

That diagram is for a 1995 Sport (1100) and is the correct part:

GU37202805  Gearbox connecting plate

Let me check my records on the part number I posted to be sure it is not a dealer stocking number or a mistake.

edit: The dealer invoice from 5 Feb 2004, only says "bracket" and "item number" 01202830. ($18.75US back then!)

So, I am not convinced that is the actual Moto Guzzi part number. :huh2:

Ciao

That diagram is for a 1995 Sport (1100) and is the correct part:

GU37202805  Gearbox connecting plate

Let me check my records on the part number I posted to be sure it is not a dealer stocking number or a mistake.

edit: The dealer invoice from 5 Feb 2004, only says "bracket" and "item number" 01202830. ($18.75US back then!)

So, I am not convinced that is the actual Moto Guzzi part number. :huh2:

It is Docc, straight from the parts manual for a 1999-2000 V11

Ciao

interesting. I've never seen one fitted to a V11. Mine was built March 2000 without one. I think LowRyter's V11 Sport is earlier than mine (?)

My post from back in 2004 says it's the part number for a Sport 1100.

This bracket did not look like a big deal to make provided you could make a good template. Just for laughs, if the bracket is not available, I resized Docc's original photo so that if you print it "actual size" the rule at the bottom of the photo lined up with an actual ruler. Could be a good place to start.

Since I have mine torn down for the wiring project I will give it a go. 

gallery_10329_231_29951.jpg

I called Harper's and they do not have the bracket- no surprise.  

The shop was going to resize the photo and correct for any stretch in the image.   I would imagine that they would check the bike with a tape measure before they cut any holes. 

Anyway, once it's done they should have the measurements and ability to make more.  I dropped off some Corvette Venetian Red paint yesterday from AutoZone to match the frame.   And I've sent them some more business yesterday from a buddy that tried but failed to rewire electronic ignition on his Duc bevel single (there are lots of us out here).   :grin: