Spine frame transmission mount

callison

all concerned

Don at 

Motiv Cycle Works, 8301 N Classen, Oklahoma City, OK 73114

should have the brackets made from water jet very soon.  He should have an opportunity to ship them out in the next couple of weeks.  The price is $80 60+ shipping.

Right now he expects to have 4 to sell (fyi- two members on the board have written me regarding purchase).  So if interested, it makes sense to call him now in case we need to make more.  This will not only provide a needed part on the redframe bikes (unavailable from Guzzi so far as we know), it will also help defer my out of pocket costs.  

Call him at (405) 641-1801 

John L (LowRyter) sends

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

all concerned

Don at 

Motiv Cycle Works, 8301 N Classen, Oklahoma City, OK 73114

should have the brackets made from water jet very soon.  He should have an opportunity to ship them out in the next couple of weeks.  The price is $60+ shipping.

Right now he expects to have 4 to sell (fyi- two members on the board have written me regarding purchase).  So if interested, it makes sense to call him now in case we need to make more.  This will not only provide a needed part on the redframe bikes (unavailable from Guzzi so far as we know), it will also help defer my out of pocket costs.  

Call him at (405) 641-1801 

John L (LowRyter) sends

Still possible to get in on this? Should I call Don, or did I see this thread too late?

OK,  SP883 and others,  I have an update.  The transmission brackets are due to be delivered to the shop today.  This is weeks later than expected.  Because it's a small job, Don had to book available time on the water jet.   And of course my bike is still pieces.  So Don and I both want this bike out of the shop.

I think the he'll have 4 or 5 to sell.  I don't know who here has called or e-mailed him.  Even if the brackets come in today, none have been test fitted on my bike.  Even if it's good to go, Don has some other projects including bringing his Cafe Custom Sportster to COTA Moto GP in Austin.  I am guessing he can mail them out in early May.

I do hope you guys get them because it defers my cost.  It's not a deal breaker for me but I hope it's mutually beneficial.  

Just crawled around under my bike and can confirm that my 2001 red frame sport naked has the simpler lower subframe without the extended arms, but it does have the nubs on the spine for mounting the bell housing plate on the right side. According to the parts diagrams I've seen, the 2001 bikes should have the newer subframe and crankcase/bellhousing/whatever it is it bolts to....  :angry2:

• 2 weeks later...

So now that it's installed, what are your thoughts? Does it look like it will help brace the transmission? I'm curious to see how it bolts up to the frame, if you can squeeze your camera in there somehow...

Tried calling him twice and no answer. Do you know if he's back from Austin yet?

• 3 months later...

I just reinstalled my upper SpineFrame brace (common to the earlier Sport 1100).  It's quite a task. I can see why they dropped it with the fuel injected V11. Trying to photograph the operation was ridiculous (mounting plate barely visible at the top right below the Red Spine). I used a length of fuel line that member Callison sent me years ago to back the upper fasteners and get it all in place. It's a right-fussy piece of kit, but I'm trusting it will help protect that back left gearbox mounting boss.

Worth the trouble!

IMG_2739.JPG