My guzzi is totaled

• 1 month later...

With Dave's bike showing up all over ebay, it sure makes me glad he's ok. (Glad you're ok, Dave!)

Sad indeed to see such a nice V11 broken up. It was such a special bike in so many ways. :mellow:

At least some on Dave's bike will live on with my V11. Hope all is well with you, Dave!

I know what it's like. I totaled my custom made (by me) Yamaha cafe racer a few years back, and all of the parts went to a good home while I recovered from a broken wrist and damaged knee. 

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

I have been away from the forum for a bit while trying to get myself excited about the new Ducati. I am still not sure. 

But man! I come back to find my bikes carcass being picked over like that blasted deer the next day. I knew this would happen, I just thought I would be less sentimental! Clearly I need to be less western in my thinking and let its atoms return gracefully to the great Guzzi one-ness. If anyone has any questions about the parts feel free to get ahold of me for specs. Somebody really should grab the speed sending unit and petcock as both are optimum and have one off adaptors. On that note, If anyone wants to collect all the bits and put Humpty back together again and give her back to me, that would be ok too :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Somebody really should grab the speed sending unit and petcock as both are optimum and have one off adaptors.

What is the speed sending unit? By the way .. what model was the instrument cluster from ... it doesn't look like a year 2000 set.

I can really appreciate how you feel seeing your special project being disembowelled. I know that I will remember where the parts are from that I acquire and they will be given their due respect!

The cluster I made from scratch using VDO gauges... The stock one was too plasticy.  It was twisted in the crash and the buckets got dented. It would make a nice template though and the gauges themselves might be fine. The sending unit is perfect but is a totally obscure item that the hot rod industry has specially made in small numbers, not expensive, just hard to get. Details and item #s are in "my gallery". I am glad the parts are finding loving homes! If you have the wheels, you might care to have the diagrams that I made for putting them together. My posts about "wire wheels" will have everything. The offsets and spacer sizes are there.

I've been looking for your posts on wire wheels but can't find them yet ..... found lots of other neat stuff though .....

OK - I found it and saved the data. I don't see the sending unit on eBay but maybe it is on the engine still. The guages do look nice though.

Look on ebay for moto guzzi parts.