Chinese brake disks

tattootim1

Anyone bought the cheap chinese brake disks of ebay. they say 420 heat treated stainless. Its for my just arrived aprilia so i dont want to spend much but they are warped bad atm. The rest of the bike is spotless

The Chinese make a lot of rubbish but they also make some very good stuff, tools etc.

their brake discs could well be in either camp, I can't see any harm in trying them, they

are not likely to fly apart on you.

Roy

First things first. Stainless is not the best material to make a brake disc out of unless your main criteria is looks. Even if they are made from real stainless.... it is not the best choice. My experience with Chinese metallurgy is they use what they want and call it what they want. I have a few stories about that.

Second, brakes are kinda important. In my opinion that is not the best place to try to save a couple dollars, quality brake discs are not that expensive.

Third, have you actually measured the "warped" discs on your Aprilia for runout? Real warped discs are rare. It can and does happen, but it is not common. More often it is something else, like pad buildup or stuck float bobbins.

I think you will get the best results with cast iron rotors... When the time comes , that's what I am going to get. I see Chinese made automotive stuff daily and it is s**t ! I don't think I would buy Chinese rotors for my bike any faster than I would buy a Chinese made parachute.

Thanks, just bought the metalgear disks and pads. was 2x price but good reputation and here quick. Agree about chinese and there metal but then what is not made there now anyway. I guess it comes down to quality control. decided 12 month warenty was worth the extra. Kinda got given this bike and mine is away getting engine rebuild so didnt want to spend a fortune for the best brakes ( unlike the Scura ).

• Like 1