What is the best MC alarm for my V11 Le Mans?

Emil Jensen

dx.com has cheap and easy to install alarms with remote.

I have one installed on mine, only set up the shock/motion screamer though, I never bothered with the anti start or the blinking lights.

Took me about 15 minutes to install under the seat.. nobody ever got into my luggage after that...

Good 20$ investment...

Leave a note on the bike "this thing is nothing but trouble , it stays tore up all the time (think BSA Victor)  and I have trouble getting parts and no one can fix it correctly so please steal it so I can collect on the insurance" ..... Do you think someone will steal it then ?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Probably not what you have in mind but... you can install a flashing LED (gone are the days of discreet circuits!) with a hidden switch; the switch will cost more than the LED. Depending on the LED you may have to install a resistor in series but there are several online calculator apps to determine the resistor's ohm rating. Should blink for months before significantly draining the battery.

That assumes they will have faintest idea what that means, bike thieves being generally pretty dim (exceptions allowed): considering the consequences is just too many steps for most of them to compute, when they're already at 90% capacity trying to read the patch.

• Like 1