'02 V11 Scura Ohlins Fork Seals

4corsa

Both forks are leaking on my recently purchased '02 Scura with 13k miles, and I need to order new seals.  It has the same Ohlins forks as the LeMans Rosso and Nero Corsa models.  I emailed Ohlins and asked what series my forks are, but no reply after 2 weeks (thanks Ohlins!).  Does anyone know what series my forks are, and where to order the seals?  What is the best fork oil to use?  Anything else that should be replaced while they are being serviced?

Thanks!

Greg

I use Golden Spectro cartridge fork oil... Contact a Moto Guzzi dealer about the fork seals. There are wiper seals you will see and another seal inside the fork tube . There should be bushings inside the fork also you should replace..   Have you looked on Youtube for Ohlins fork rebuild for instructions before you start ? Google Ohlins fork parts for a supplier...

I thought Ohlins seals (like most other seals) are based on dimensions. You need to know what the diameter of the inner slider tube that goes into the seal. Typically 41 or 43 mm, but nowadays there are other options as well.

If you google it you may find some info on the actual Ohlins seals as well as info on non-Ohlins seals (I seem to remember Suzuki seals) that some people use instead of the original style seals. But part of the advantage to  an Ohlins fork is the smooth action, using Suzuki seals may reduce that advantage. But the intent of the Suzuki seal is a more durable seal.

As to the bushings, if they are worn they need to be replaced.

Have you tried this site?

www.propilotsuspension.com

Thanks - Great website! 

I also found the following info from a previous V11LeMans posted thread:

- The seal kit is an Aprilia part # AP8123975, or Ohlins part # 04730-01.  Price ranges from around $65 from AF1 Racing to about $180 at Harpers.

Pro Pilot rebuilt my forks and maybe the rear shock because of what I believe was covered under warranty,leaking fork seals when the original owner of the bike had it.I am very happy with the how it handles and rides.I spoke with the owner about re-doing my Speed Triple forks a while back and remember him being pleasant to talk to but I havent done business directly with him yet.

FWIW

Can anybody confirm if that was an official recall?Would assume it wouldn't still apply today.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm probably too late, I bought my ohlins seals from a yamaha dealer. The 06 R1 LE ran an ohlins front with the same size seals.

It's heresy to some people but the dextron 3? auto trans fluid did the job for me. I'm not sure if it's equivalent to 7.5w oil but whatever the exact spec the front feels pretty good.