85 Le Mans Restoration.What is this part?

mznyc

A friend of mine is restoring a 85 Le Mans for a friend of his.He was given several boxes of parts and a frame and a "have at it" slap on the butt.I'll post some pics as he progresses but he was wondering what this part was.Anyone know? Wheel ,axle assembly?

photo(30).jpg

photo(29).jpg

photo(31).jpg

Thanks FG.He was given a box of parts,nuts and bolts with no indication as to what they were.So that very may be the case.He's an experienced home mechanic who's retired and spends most of his time restoring old European bikes.But he is using  German(he doesn't speak it) documents and manuals(where the bike came from) and Guzziology to reverse engineer what's been done to it in the past.He has dozens,and I mean DOZENS of Triumphs,Nortons,Guzzi,Indians and Vintage Harleys in his barn.Most of them runners and registered that he restored or fixed up,probably one of the largest collections in the country.Hope to shoot all of them and write an article about the collection.Cant tell from the phone pic but it's coming along nicely,should be rolling in a few weeks and I'll get some better pics.It's got a lot of nice parts and mods done to it already,....

Some kind of fork spacer or something?

My thoughts too Jaap,but awfully thick to fit in those forks,but I don't know the internals of these beasts.

"or something" Ha!

Looks like a front wheel spacer to me.

Didn't notice it was tapered.  Don't think I have seen that on my 1979 T3.

I have a  Mk IV parts manual somewhere and I will look to see if I can find it .

That would be awesome.

I've had many bikes apart albeit not a 85 Lemans.. have never seen a tapered split spacer like that. I can't reason a taper for an axle spacer. does it have a funky after market centerstand or something?