sport 1100 exhaust

hotballs

hi,

I am looking for an after market exhaust for my sport 1100 c and would like opinions on the best out there.

does anyone know if the exhaust from any v11's will fit a sport 1100. mainly the crossover and mufflers. there seems a lot of aftermarket stuff for the v11's but not much for the sport.

cheers, phil

You probably could make an entire V11 system fit but as the V11 is shorter it would likely require a bit of adjusting, some creative engineering.

Other options would be a complete system from a newer Guzzi. The basic engine layout and dimensions are much the same as they have been, but would likely also require some creative engineering.

Along the lines of this conversation is the V11 x over very good for power? or is it restrictive...seems there are a couple of after market x overs available Stucchi Mistral  & wonder if they offer any advantage over the stock item

Hotballs you should get this exhaust usually cost double the asking price....I was considering it for my Daytona & emailed TLM here is their reply...

Hallo,
This is not a Mistral set but full carbon nice sound and like new they weight about 5 kg as a set.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140971052293&ssPageName=ADME:X:eRTM:DE:1123

Along the lines of this conversation is the V11 x over very good for power? or is it restrictive...seems there are a couple of after market x overs available Stucchi Mistral  & wonder if they offer any advantage over the stock item

The stock cross over is more about reducing noise. There are a couple different crossovers available and there are differences between them and the stocker. If you search it has been covered extensively. 

There is also at least one two into one system available.

I have the Staintune full system on my '96 Sport 1100. I'm very happy with its quality, construction, and sound. They used to make a system with a carbon fiber pipe years ago but they're only available in stainless now. In any case I don't think you can wrong with the Staintune but they're not cheap.

http://www.staintune.com.au/

Mistral makes a crossover and aluminum or carbon fiber pipes in round or oval.

http://www.mistralspecialparts.it/

Stucchi makes a cross over as well.

• 1 year later...

Late to the party, but I have the Staintune and it sounds fantastic!  Never fails to get positive comments about the looks and SOUND!!  Not loud, but does make it sound like a 2 cylinder small block Chevy!  

Jay 

• 2 months later...

Even later to the party (sorry); I picked up a pair of brand new Leo Vinci carbon cans meant for a GSXR, and with a modest outlay to a local engineering shop had a pair of stainless adapters made to slip onto the Guzzi pipe to mate with the Gixxers three bolt flange.

If you go the adapter route, a whole load of cheaper options becomes available.

IMG_6112.jpg

IMG_6207.jpg

PS, the small scuff on the can was the result of an off at Cadwell Park :(

Phil

• Like 1

Even later to the party (sorry); I picked up a pair of brand new Leo Vinci carbon cans meant for a GSXR, and with a modest outlay to a local engineering shop had a pair of stainless adapters made to slip onto the Guzzi pipe to mate with the Gixxers three bolt flange.

If you go the adapter route, a whole load of cheaper options becomes available.

IMG_6112.jpg

IMG_6207.jpg

PS, the small scuff on the can was the result of an off at Cadwell Park :(

Phil

Nice!

• Like 1