You could try a 12 Volt LED on it or a regular LED in series with a 1k resistor.

Remember the long lead goes to Red/Black.

It's a bit silly really because the error code resets when you turn the key off, test it by unplugging a sensor.

Sent from my shoe phone!

eh - no gumption lately to tackle the updated tune-up tutorial. :blush:

The TPS harness is a must and the cabling for Guzzidiag makes the tune-up so much easier as well.

Caspers delivered already. How long did your ECS obd2 take to arrive? You mentioned they were slow but that's relative to one's patience quota.

That other thread noting that cheap UK source for the whole kaboodle was a day late.

My ECS delivery took like six weeks. And that from the US west coast to the central US (adds maybe three days once the driver has his load-out)

Made me think there is only one dude staying up all night in Malaysia soldering these things up, after getting that proprietary chip out of Scotland. :rolleyes:

• 2 years later...

Hmmm, thought I replied. It's Mexican night, and a Margarita may be involved.. :huh2:  but the break out harness isn't what you are referencing above. That's the GuzziDiag harness. 

Thanks for correcting me! I couldnt find the break out harness in the uk so settled for this guzzidiag one. Not done any FI bikes before so shoupd be a good learning curve! Bought my pvc pipe to make up a manometer too

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...

Hi guys 

for those of us who live in the UK  Casper breakout lead for the TPS is difficult to source  . However I have found a UK company online selling the parts to make the lead yourself  . 

Autoelectricalsupplies.co.uk 

The connector was  listed as part no: 

050603-£4.83

The cable listed as part no :

010702-£0.43 per metre 

easy to make up and cheap as chips  👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gazza112 said:

Hi guys 

for those of us who live in the UK  Casper breakout lead for the TPS is difficult to source  . However I have found a UK company online selling the parts to make the lead yourself  . 

Autoelectricalsupplies.co.uk 

The connector was  listed as part no: 

050603-£4.83

The cable listed as part no :

010702-£0.43 per metre 

easy to make up and cheap as chips  

Are are you sure that's the right connector?

I couldn't get to the site. It was a redirect and then something about a Flash install. Looked sketchy as hell.

Bought TPS cables from UK,  was it  Lonetec ,, will report tomorrow if interested.

Cheers tom.

50 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

Bought TPS cables from UK,  was it  Lonetec ,, will report tomorrow if interested.

Cheers tom.

Hoping to clarify . . .

There are three cables to tune a V11: Lonelec sells the two cables that provide OBD II connection from the onboard ECU to "guzzidiag" or other ECU interface software. It is an adapter cable and an FDTI-chipped OBD cable that plug together. The TPS cannot be set in guzzidiag or any other software interface with the ECU.

The other, unrelated, harness is to "tap in" between the TPS connector and the TPS (TPS "break-out harness") which is then read with a Volt-Ohm meter to test, and set the baseline millivolts of the TPS to the throttle plate position.

I do not recall that Lonelec, in the UK, sells the TPS "break-out harness" . . .

25 minutes ago, docc said:

Hoping to clarify . . .

There are three cables to tune a V11: Lonelec sells the two cables that provide OBD II connection from the onboard ECU to "guzzidiag" or other ECU interface software. It is an adapter cable and an FDTI-chipped OBD cable that plug together. The TPS cannot be set in guzzidiag or any other software interface with the ECU.

The other, unrelated, harness is to "tap in" between the TPS connector and the TPS (TPS "break-out harness") which is then read with a Volt-Ohm meter to test, and set the baseline millivolts of the TPS to the throttle plate position.

I do not recall that Lonelec, in the UK, sells the TPS "break-out harness" . . .

SORRY, I was  absolutely to quick on that, will check tomorrow  :o

Cheers tom.

15 minutes ago, Tomchri said:

SORRY, I was  absolutely to quick on that, will check tomorrow  :o

Cheers tom.

Proudly made in the US,     Caspers TPS harness is what I have,,,, well, I just reminded myself ,,,,  Im usually quiet, must be the new greenie messing my mind.

Cheers tom.

• Thanks 1

Hi Guys 

I actually had those connectors wrong .However !!! i did eventually find the correct ones from another company here in the uk .

The problem for us is the shipping and import duties from the US. With great respect to Casper 20 dollars for the breakout lead then 35 dollars for shipping sort of busts that deal outta here .

I have found a company called KOJAYCAT Automotive and Marine. http://kojaycat.co.uk .Spoke with a guy named Colin McLellan .Excellent service very well informed .  

The part numbers ;150-3W-DUC-TPS  and 150-3W-BLK-MAL .Im no auto electrician but managed to make up the lead myself .Total cost £22.00 including delivery  .Happy Days .