See what the morning email brings. I'm hanging off GuzziDiag for lack of a reliable OBD2 cable, bet there's plenty more who would be into it with the TPS breakout and the other two. TPS setting opens the door.

Did Casper's ever respond about the OBD2 cable?

A Fiat cable was referenced in another thread (don't recall where). I bought one for $10 from Amazon - but I have not tried it out yet. At least one Amazon review mentioned using it on a Moto Guzzi, but in line with another cable/adapter to make it fit a USB port. Looks I need to buy one more piece of wire before I play with it.

See what the morning email brings. I'm hanging off GuzziDiag for lack of a reliable OBD2 cable, bet there's plenty more who would be into it with the TPS breakout and the other two. TPS setting opens the door.

Did Casper's ever respond about the OBD2 cable?

No. I gave them links here and to the good OBD2. Maybe their spam muncher ate it.

A Fiat cable was referenced in another thread (don't recall where). I bought one for $10 from Amazon - but I have not tried it out yet. At least one Amazon review mentioned using it on a Moto Guzzi, but in line with another cable/adapter to make it fit a USB port. Looks I need to buy one more piece of wire before I play with it.

the one you got is the conversion between the ECU and the supposedly standard smart cable doing the interfacing to your PC.

Something weird in the amazon link. The "often purchased together" cable is supposed to be a Hyundai special yet it's an OBD2 VAG409.1 per the spec in the main thread. The package with the breakout makes the three cables needed to go to town.

I believe we're talking about three different cables here.

Something weird in the amazon link. The "often purchased together" cable is supposed to be a Hyundai special yet it's an OBD2 VAG409.1 per the spec in the main thread. The package with the breakout makes the three cables needed to go to town.

I hope I have not confused the issue. This thread started about the TPS Breakout Harness, which seemed like such a good idea that I bought one right away (for future use). Then the OBD thing came up... and I had picked up one of those recently from reading a different thread (also for future use).  It looks like I will need a 3rd cable to connect my OBD to my computer.

I have not used any of the cables or software yet. I defer to whoever has experience.

Scud is on track. We need a reliable source of OBD2 cable with the correct chip. From what I gather on amazon reviews there are two chips meeting spec, and multiple drivers for a huge variety of vehicles which some have trouble uploading or installing. I was hoping to get the featured breakout cable guys to carry some good ones.

After buying a couple wrong ones, we came up with this proper FTDI chipped cable from ECS Tuning:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/Ftdi_Cable/ES6928/

Docc:

So, is this the correct cable for a V11Sport (15M?) ECU, without a Lambda?

After buying a couple wrong ones, we came up with this proper FTDI chipped cable from ECS Tuning:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/Ftdi_Cable/ES6928/

Docc:

So, is this the correct cable for a V11Sport (15M?) ECU, without a Lambda?

Ok - *disclaimer* - I'm no expert on this! But my understanding is that the cable's chip must be FTDI compatible with the guzzidiag software and the FTDI driver (for either PC or Mac) which interfaces on (by?)  FTDI. I believe this is valid whether there is a lambda probe or not.

My understanding it is the guzzidiag version that must be specific for your ECU.

Of course, that's just what I believe - there are others who apparently understand what this all means . . . :huh2:

The "FIAT/Lancia adapter cable that goes from the factory harness to OBD is, apparently, not chipped and a non-issue; it's the chipped OBD to USB cable that has to be correct for the computer's downloaded driver.

• 4 months later...

After ordering this TPS breakout harness, I realized that guzzidiag will read both the throttle angle and the throttle voltage. :homer:  So, I expect that the 150mV TPS baseline can be set using the software . . .

Incidentally, I am using the referenced ECS FTDI OBD cable. It took a long time to arrive and it has no LED power indicator, but it is working.

So, I expect that the 150mV TPS baseline can be set using the software

Pauldaytona and Meinolf are the authorized and experienced experts here but since they are supporting so many forums, I dare to say:

The value displayded by GuzziDiag should not be used for the 150 mV base setting. GuzziDiag shows exactly that, what the ecu (no matter if 15M or 15RC) gives out. The smaller the throttle opening is, the less accurate the showed value is (can be easily checked out by using a voltmeter at the same time). This is due to the used analog to digital sampling rate by the ecu. For the "150 mV" basic setting the official instruction is: do not use GuzziDiag, use instead your "voltmeter" (showing millivolts here of course) as always. So three cables are needed for convenience. The "Caspers" to connect the voltmeter easily and the two (Fiat cable and OBD-USB cable) for GuzziDiag. And yes, only the OBD-USB with a FTDI -chip is known to be good (some others have worked also). I have also read that a cable with the FTDI chip is not always easy to find in USA.

• Thanks 1