Ballabio Valve Specs

Stormtruck2

Crainial flatulance time guys.  I can't remeber the valve specs, world, for 2004 Ballabio.  Anyone here that can take a minute and help break this brain lock??   Sucks to get old and lose your memory. Sucks to get old and lose your memorty. :oldgit::homer:

Thanks.  I thought .006 and .008 was right, but then for some reason I was thinking it was .020 and .022.  The setting is the same as Cali 1100s then also.  Thanks :thumbsup:

The "world spec" is likely in mm, but I've never set valves in metric. I think that might be 0,15mm/0,20mm.

That explains the 6,8 and 20, 22 memory problem!!  LOL  Bikes??  Well,

07 Norge,

98 Centauros X2

82 Eldo  I'm the second owner of it.

04 Ballabio

96 Cali 1100 Cab

98 EV Black/ Silver

99 EV Blue/Blue

Plus a 82 Honda CB 900 C with the 10 speed transmisson, 80 CB 650 for training, a 07 Victory Vegas and an 09 Kawi Vulcan 900 SE.  Yes I'm  motorcycle polyamourous. :grin:

LOL, I knows what you mean.  :grin:   I'm having a hellava time finding the D on the fly wheel.  I found something that looks like a U laying on its side with the opening on the left, and then a line of yellow paint elsewhere on the fly wheel.  Having a helleva time getting this VA done.  :homer:

• Dont worry about it , just remove both spark plugs and rotate the engine. You can find TDC by inserting a screwdriver down into the combustion chamber and SLOWLY rotating the crankshaft. When it comes up to TDC on one piston it wil be with the valves rocking ( ex. closing and intake opening) . Rotate it one revolution and you will be able to adjust this side. Now do the same for the other side.
  •  p.s. you can use a stand and put the trans. into 6th gear and spin the wheel to rotate the c/shaft while finding TDC. You can push the bike forwards if you don't have a stand to accomplish the same results. 
  • After you finish the job , rotate the crank to make sure the valve clearance is never too wide.

I got her done,washed her, and test rode her.  Bit noiser valve train than before, but she was incredeably tight when I started. When I took the valve covers off the gaskets tore of course.  It's Sunday, where will I get the gaskets today?  Went to my cabinet and looked, I had 4! gaskets for her!! It's a good day tator!! :grin::P:   Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.  BTW, the bike in question is the one in my avatar.  Yup, she's a runner and a keeper.

I like the sound, so I dont wear ear plugs. Those rattlen valves are music to my ears. 8)

• 1 month later...

I believe they are Stuchhi crossover and cans. The cans are carbon fiber, and I love the sound. Not loud but meaty.