Highest Mileage Award?

docc

Many of you know my celebration of Moto Guzzi's centenary this year is to roll 200.000 km/124,000 miles on my one-owner Sport.

What are you folks posting for "mileage?" "kilometerage?" :rolleyes:

@andy york rocks. Likely the world record for a V11 thus far.  :thumbsup:

@kglm ? @luhbo? @Orson?

(I keep my odometer in my signature.)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, well. "The best laid plans of mice and men" . . .

The Sport has rolled only backward and forward enough to get my >other< bike on the lift. Then she went all Italian on me, to get my attention, and started spilling fluids onto the floor. <_< All the while knowing I can't get her back on the lift until the sweet, quiet little Japanese lady is seen to.

My chances of actually making my 200.000 km goal by the South'n SpineRaid (and Mandello's Moto Guzzi Centenary Celebration) is diminishing. :unsure:

Anyone wiling to post their odometer at this point in their V11's progress?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

A semantic question of language differences arises. In places where distance is measured in miles, we speak of "mileage" as the cumulative distance covered by a machine, or in travel.

I places where distance is measured in kilometers, how is that referred to? "kilometerage?"   :huh2:

• Like 2

Usually, how far, and just the #s. 
Cheers Tom.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 3:11 PM, docc said:

In places where distance is measured in kilometers, how is that referred to? "kilometerage?"   :huh2:

Many in NZ say "kays". Although as a country with a lot of sheep, we could start using Sheppies. Douglas Adams said a Sheppy is the closest distance at which sheep remain picturesque (about 1.4 kays). :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Was Adams a New Zealander? Like Germaine and Bret, and Xena?

Douglas Noel Adams was a Brit who wrote "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" among other stories. A great storyteller who improved my life. If you find that you are taking yourself too seriously, his books are the antidote.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, MartyNZ said:

Douglas Noel Adams was a Brit who wrote "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" among other stories. A great storyteller who improved my life. If you find that you are taking yourself too seriously, his books are the antidote.

We share the sentiment about Adams, I just mistakenly deduced that he may have been from NZ from the earlier post.  Both of my adult kids still befuddle their mother when they communicate with me in 1-liner quotes from an Adams book.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

"Sheppies" aside (what an interesting aside - heh: play on words! :grin:), I discovered a bit of a "reset" trying for the 200.000 kays mark. I've been using the common 0.62 conversion factor (124,000 miles = 200.000 km).

Creeping up on the mark got me thinking, in my helmet, that 0.62 is likely an approximation. Sure enough, the most accurate conversion factor is 0.621371 . No big deal over a couple hundred miles/km, but over 200.000 kays? That's an additional 274.2 miles. :nerd:

Simply means more riding to get there, so - good problem to have! :race: Still looking to make the mark during this year of Moto Guzzi's Centenary . . .

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Even with knowing about the extra 274 miles to make a true and proper 200.000 km, it was cool to see this on the odometer today.

IMG_5862.jpg

• Like 8

• 1 year later...

Hi Ho Docc,  You had to remind me, didn't you. :grin:    In the past couple of years I've been retired and been working on our house, painting, plumbing re roofing, all the fun stuff you know. I'm almost ashamed to admit to a little over 2600 miles in that time, so I'll diligently work on increasing the numbers as my list of projects is getting shorter.

Paul B:bier:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1