That's odd

big J

So, finally got a bit of time to myself to set the throttle bodies and reset the tps.

Synch was easy as pie, although I noticed one of the little rods jumps about much more than the other. Tried changing the tubes about but no difference. Ah well.

Plugged in the Centurion wires and reset the tps, easy enough.

Took her out for a spin, the bike is noticeably smoother though it still vibrates a bit more than I expected. When I come to junctions though, it stumbles and nearly cuts out before picking up to idle again. Very strange.

I'll let her (and me!) cool off for a while, it's 40 degrees outside, then I'll check everything again.

The lean surging and popping through the exhaust is a bit worse too, reckon one of Todds PC5's is in my future. And a loud pipe :grin:

I think I'll investigate whether I can manually reset the tps a little higher. Before the reset it was 5.2 deg and the bike was running fine.

I've checked- inlet rubbers nice and snug, tappets, header nuts.

Did you put the caps (or hose) back on the TB's after you synched it? That could cause the stumble. Caps or hoses on those can crack easily due to the cylinder heat.

Double check the sync. Movement on the one cylinder gauge kind of worries me. Sounds like they're out of balance and fighting with each other. Are there reducers for your sync hoses to reduce the jumpiness? If so, were they in those testing hoses? 

Worst case, put things back how they were and give it a try.

Ken

The lean surging and popping through the exhaust is a bit worse too, reckon one of Todds PC5's is in my future.

If you still have the stock crossover, the best money you can spend would be to replace that.. I got the Mistral and all the hickup/stumble around 3k rpm went right away. I don't need any PC for awesome performance with a good VDST set up.

Hi, big j:

(edit): Thanks for the reply below. I gather you''re fettling a Griso. They look like a ripping good time!

If get a minute, update "My bikes" in your profile. (You still have the V11 back in Ireland?)

There are more then a few people who are very happy with the way the new Guzzi's, including the 8 valvers, fuel including Pete Roper. I think proper set up is key to that but there is always the possibility of individual bike or rider differences.

Mine has Todds fueling kit and I am happy with it. Mine is an 110 2 valver, though, with Todds right side exit pipe and open airbox top.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry fellas, been mad busy recently.

Docc, still got the V11, that bike will always be mine.

Pete and Guzzimoto, I'll be honest, I'm not that enchanted with the bike. Vibration is considerable, I had hoped that when I synched the TB's it would improve and it has a little, however my ride to work is about 50km and by the time I'm there, my fingers and toes are tingling. It's as bad as my old Bonnie. :grin:

I've now tried the synching procedure 3 times and I'm confident it's as good as it will get. I set it at 3500rpm and balance at idle with the appropriate bleed screw. Both screws are closed for the synch set up. Tappets have been checked again. Throttle cables checked for play.

The bars still shake back and forth at idle. At around 4000 to 4200 the buzziness is worst. The surging at 3000-3500 ish hasn't gone away and the popping on decel is still there. It's almost impossible to ride at 5500rpm plus, the vibration is so bad.The bike just feels flat, it's hard to describe, but it just doesn't seem to pull like I'd expect.

Unfortunately, the Centurion software has stopped working, I'm waiting on a reply from the Technoresearch helpline, though I dont think the tps is far out, the bike is idling at around 1300rpm.

Solutions? I've tried to find the NGK plug caps, but no dice thus far, I'll bring some back when I visit the UK next month.

I believe the injectors are ok as both pipes are the same colour.

I'm also still unhappy with the transmission, the bang when first is engaged when the bike is hot is excruciating.

My new screen is cool though, got the large Guzzi one, makes a nice difference above 140. :race: