Two plates good, one plate bad.

roberto tenni

Does anyone out there know of definitive list of parts required to convert single plate clutch on Tenni/Scura to twin plate and including a flywheel not made of bubbles and dreams?

Or RAM conversion?

Yes.I just completed this last fall.all is good and she shifts like a dream with a different pre-selector cover.

You will need any twin plate assembly from a V11S or Griso.(i had a Griso).Should include the button which the push rod engages.

A new set of friction plates

A  clutch hub for a TPlate V11

Front and rear seals for block and tranny if you want to play it safe,I did

Oring for push rod

New lock washer and lock nut for clutch hub

Screws and washers for flywheel

Clutch hub socket to remove and install hubs

Clutch removal/install tools

Here's a long thread but a lot of info with part numbers.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17074

I had mine made 6/2011, these are the parts which were used (the terms I use are not "too official"). There has been some discussion about the push rod 01085730, but according my spare part book the number is the same for 2 plate clutches. Some adjustment was needed on the clutch lever and adjustment screw (for the work cylinder), because it released so "late" with the 2 disc clutch (as if the push rod should be a bit shorter).
(Parts only > 1.000€)
12082300         Intermediate clutch ring           1
4082800            Clutch pressure plate V11        1
3008290            Pressure plate for springs        1
1067930            Sprocket wheel for starter       1
4067000            Flywheel V11                              1
4211600            Friction plate with sprockets   1
95628025         Nut safety washer                      1
93601026         Nut                                                1
4084100            Clutch spring V11                    10
12067701         M8 x 25 bolt, 10.9                      6
14615901         M8 Washer zn                            6
37067705         M6 x 12 socket cap 12.9 sw     8
142217901       M6 Washer                                 8
14217901         Lock washer 6,4x10x0,7           8
3084400           Clutch plate Ap                           2
90404059         Shaft gasket gear shaft             1
90405367         Shaft gasket crankshaft            1
90706233         O-ring for clutch boss               1
90718370         Gasket exhaust pipe                 2

2 disc:

http://www.stein-dinse.biz/bilder/auto/breite_800/303033303013.gif

1 disc:

http://www.wendelmotorraeder.de/shop/images/guzzi/1100/v11_99/v1199_36.gif

Where were you Camn when I was doin mine.

Peter at Reboot is a good source for the clutch assembly.Used is fine if he says it's in good shape.

The seals,screws and washers,plates should all be new to be safe.

I could also find some of the parts second hand. The most expensive (official list prices at that time) parts were the 1067930 Sprocket wheel for starter V11 (“300€”) and 4067000 Flywheel V11 (“480€”).  I could think that these will not suffer a lot in use? I assume that the most important thing on the flywheel is the inner toothing, how much it has worn out (= "noise level").  On the contratry, I think that I have read on some forums, that the 4211600 Friction plate with sprockets (“126€”) sometimes gets  twisted, the 3008290 Pressure plate for springs (“150€”) maybe not so much ?  The friction material itself is discussed a lot. I decided to use the same parts, which are said to be also the original spare parts ("ap").

Here are also detailed pictures how the parts really look like (in the middle, "motoguzznix"), the 1-disc/2-disc flywheels are much more different than what you might think of by looking at the spare part pictures: http://www.v11sport.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1937&hilit=2+scheiben+umbau&start=75

The only thing which disturbs me now a bit, is the noise level when idling clutch lever released (not the noise  -part of the fun-  when the clutch lever is pulled).  This "idling noise" has been noteworthy all the time, allthough "all the parts were new" and the work was done by a very experienced technician.  I try to imagine what is happening inside the clutch and calm down by thinking that it is just the friction plate toothing against the flywheel toothing and the twitch of the power stroke of the motor. As everybody is mostly saying - when the V11 clutch sounds like this, it is OK.

• 1 year later...

Isn't a longer pushrod (01 08 57 30) from a twin-plater needed

This has also been discussed on the German V11 site but I have never seen any part number for a push rod for the single plater. I felt that the push rod should be a bit shorter for the two plater, since I had to adjust the lever (the screw on the handle which pushes the main cylinder)  so that the clutch would not catch so "far away". I was used to a different position (clutch engagement) with the single plater.

Here's a page from a spare part book for 2001-2002 V11 models:

No remarks = All models

"LM/SN" = V11 LeMans/Sport Naked

“LMT/S” = V11 Lemans Tenni/Scura

ScuSPP.jpg