Homebrewer for about 14 years now, so yeah, I likes me some beers. Like alot of hops. I don't mind cellar temps, even for a lager. Only kinds I'm not wild about are light yellow and fizzy (the crap so many of my countrymen actually believe to be BEER), those flavored with fruit, or rauchbiers and radlers.

Beer, literally the most important discovery in the development of civilization. Without beer, we'd probably all be dead, or at least bored to death. Water can be deadly and look fine. Beer is always safe, and if it's spoiled you'll know it. It's why mankind stopped being a nomadic people, and became farmers and settled land owners.  It's the very reason the original colonists to the "new world" pulled their ships over to the shore. According the the ship's captain's log, they needed to make more beer! Refrigeration? All originally funded, invented and perfected to chill commercially produced beer! Bottling, and commercial food storage? All envisioned originally with beer transportation as the goal! It has medicinal properties, and is packed with nutrients.  The list of contributions to our civilization that are directly attributable to beer is astounding, so pay your respect to this most wonderful, life-giving elixir! Crack one open, relax, and have a beer!

"Beer, the cause of, and answer to all of life's problems..."  Homer Simpson

bbrau.jpg

I've oft repeated the misquote attributed to Benjamin Franklin that, to wit, "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

*For the record, here, in a letter addressed to André Morellet in 1779, is what Benjamin Franklin actually did say:

"Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." (*from David Emery About.com/Urban Legends)

I take it as meaning, essentially, the same thing.

So, here's to rain. :bier:  And, thereby, also beer!  :bier:

• Like 1

My current favorites in no particular order are...

2vdsnqh.jpg

ipa_large.png

harpoon_ipa_1.jpg

Whew Tom,I thought you were gonna say Schaefer or Narragansett !