• 5 weeks later...

Belgium, surprisingly enough, is the best country in the world.

Their food is basically French, they have some great roads, tons of history.....,and over 400 beers.

And they take it very seriously. Every town has its own speciality, and I don't have a favourite, because I haven't tasted them all yet!

I like Duvel, though. It's 8% proof. Yum.

Of course you can't beat a decent pint of the black stuff....

We Anglo-Saxons like our local brews. I nominate one of the traditional style bitter beers from our local brewery: Tring Brewery.

http://www.tringbrewery.co.uk/PermanentandSeasonal.html

Actually anything they do is great but in particular, Ridgeway bitter. 4.0 % ABV, so low enough to be a good session ale and available in bottles or on draught, I often take a tray of bottles with me when I visit family and friends and it just vanishes - recommendation in itself. Next week I'm taking a small barrel to a farm in rural Wales to share at an old friend's summer bash. Happy days!

Andy, what do you mean by a "session ale?"

My guess is that when you sit down to a "session" of drinking ...... that a 4.0% will be better than a 5.0% as far as endurance is concerned. 

If this is true then it could explain how Coors Lite is so popular amongst the lower lifeforms (non-bikers).

• Like 1

I dunno - that Ten-Fidy (10 1/2 %) made for a pretty interesting session over at Motowfo's Rancho Loco.

at least until the single malt came out . . . :grin:

Apparently, the brakes of an MGA cannot be properly bled without the correct fluids: brake fluid, stout, and single malt.

• Like 1

I dunno - that Ten-Fidy (10 1/2 %) made for a pretty interesting session over at Motowfo's Rancho Loco.

at least until the single malt came out . . . :grin:

Apparently, the brakes of an MGA cannot be properly bled without the correct fluids: brake fluid, stout, and single malt.

I have had many a session in my lifetime that involved pretty much any type of alcohol you can name ..... I would like to say that I am over that but I find myself disproving that statement over and over again. I guess that is why I love life so much .....

...... but a session with some 4.0 sounds like a lot of fun! I'm in ........!