Is there already a beer called 'cylinder head sludge' or 'tranny sludge' ?

Planning on doing a little brewing, Jaap?

Helio-Jim is such an inspiration.  A different beer every day til Christmas . . .  better yet starting on New Year's Day!

Pogue's Run Porter, Flat 12 Bierwerks, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA

Only a Yank grocery grade 5.5%, but rich, dark and roasty. Goes nicely with the time it takes to clean the bugs off your boots and fork legs. A pleasant bitter finish like you get on the overrun when your mixture's a bit on the rich side.

I just had to...

Only a few images of a slightly worrying non-mechanical nature and one slightly worrying mechanical one:

Anyone heard of 'Tranny Honey'? I immediately assumed it was a beer of course.

Can I recommend some of the small breweries coming out of Scotland at the moment, Fyne Ales make some very good stuff, Superior IPA at 7.1, I have the record in my local for drinking this one night seven pints and walked home! they also do Jarl and Avalanche both very hoppy and not so strong, Pilot Brewery, Williams Brothers to mention a few.

Last nights tipple Alchemy citrus, very nice. I do have a spare empty workshop in my new house which i can see becoming a brewery, dont know what I will do with the 98sq m of loft space yet.

I know one stop I want to make when I get to (soon to be) independent Scotland next summer ....!!

• Like 1

Last nights tipple Alchemy citrus, very nice. I do have a spare empty workshop in my new house which i can see becoming a brewery, dont know what I will do with the 98sq m of loft space yet.

Loft space is prime real estate in NL! You just need some special seeds, some bright lamps and a bit of patience. :rasta:

• Like 3

Green Man Porter , Asheville, NC, 6.0%

Dark, full-bodied and rich in flavor . . . creamy smooth mouthfeel and finishes with distinctive chocolate notes . . .

At least, that's what it says on the bottle! I think they've got HelicopterJim writing reviews for them! :grin: