On Saturday, Nov. 10, I cleared off all the dying bines of my small hop garden, and damn if some of the rhizomes weren't sprouting new growth already!  Below pic taken today.  Usually the plants go dormant until at least January.  Hopefully they don't get going only to die off mid-season (has happened before, followed by an entire new replacement growth, but too late for a decent harvest). 

tidWtUI.jpg

• 1 month later...

I had some great fun tonight going back through this entire thread. Most interesting thing is how many long-time members keep coming back to V11 LeMans.com! :thumbsup:

I posted this one a couple years ago, but a good friend just handed me a few pints brought especially from way-out-west Montana. 

Can't get this one locally . . .

Kettle House Cold Smoke "Scotch Ale", Missoula, Montana. Pairs well with re-furbed alt covers and Cable-pinstriped toolboxes . . .

(all very, very rare!)

IMG_7546.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Homemade IPA hmmm
Cheers tom 0212a2c39e14b796a24c91e184308f0c.jpg

Sent fra min SM-G903F via Tapatalk

• Like 2

No 

wild quess 1970 Plymouth GTX.  TX9. =     Triple black .    ( mopar sickness ), and a 68 GTX 4speed ,,,,,,,, Campfire talk.....

cheers tom.

• Like 2

IPA process, usually around 7.6%
Cheers tom 0b2eefd75188ed85f64908eaf6cde8d9.jpg

Sent fra min SM-G903F via Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 1 year later...

October now and feels great to ride the Sport through the crisp air and colorful woodlands. Somehow, the big twin knows it is good, too, and sings a mighty song along the rushing streams and over the breezy ridges. :race:

Then to wrap the day with a Märzen . . .  sehr gut! :bier:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, docc said:

October now and feels great to ride the Sport through the crisp air and colorful woodlands. Somehow, the big twin knows it is good, too, and sings a mighty song along the rushing streams and over the breezy ridges. :race:

I normally only drink beer docc in the summer and quite often only buy any if we are having friends around or some sort of gathering. I then go and buy a slab because its cheaper and drink the left overs and not buy anymore. I generally buy Victoria Bitter which from memory is 5.5% alcohol. 

However I bought a 6 pack of Coopers "Ultra light" last year which is Under 0.5% and it very nice indeed. It's $7/ 6 pack and available at the local supermarket. That's around half the price of normal beer and it's drinking without guilt and without worrying about the booze bus. Very refreshing. I'm actually wanting to get pulled over so when the cop asks if i've been drinking and I reply yes and they then go on to ask how much I can say quite a lot actually. Of course my beer drinking friends and relatives give me shit about it but I dont care.    

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 10/21/2020 at 7:17 PM, docc said:

The Märzen have given way to Oatmeal Stouts here as the weather here progresses.

The Sport yet loves the crisp and colorful riding. Seems yesterday's 15ºC was precisely what she was tuned for back on the lake by the Alps . . .

• Like 2