Interesting. In the States, we're really coming onto our own on local breweries. Finally!

Andy, what do you mean by a "session ale?"

A session ale is one you can quaff steadily all night without getting utterly sh*tfaced but still feel like you're drinking a proper pint. Much above 4.0% and only the hardiest will manage to stay upright, let alone stagger home.

Andy

PS just bottling up this years batch of sloe gin. makes for a different kind of session and recovery period.

• Like 1

Blackthorn berries .... also known as sloe.

...and totally inedible by man or beast as far as I can tell, but soak in gin for a year with a load of sugar, strain out the berries and you have pure nectar.

This is an interesting thread....Here at Rancho Loco Pico Brewery and Flatutorium... the favorite brew is the brew dujour or du-week or du-month.  Just finished, with Docc's assistance, a double imperial uber-hopped IPA (sort of a TWIN SISTERS) and a fabulous Russian Imperial Stout with a nice ABV of just over 11%.

That being said... Dark Lord (Three Floyds)... Illinois (IPA) and for a session beer... Beber Oscura (Mexico Dark) 

OK... I'm a beer snob, but because I can be!!

Rick...

• Like 2

...... and started the build of my very own bar... 

When do you open and will there be discounts for Guzzisti?

1st brews ready in a couple a weeks, shed should be to... get in that helecopterjim and head over, aint to far from BC

• Like 1