Sport 1100 Starter

jknight611

Anybody recall what starter is on the carb Sport 1100?   I was going to run a quick errand and when I tried to start the bike.....CLICK!!  I had a very few minutes to troubleshoot the system, the voltage drop test showed <.07 vdc battery is good. starter has about miles and countless starts am away on a trip for the next week i would like to start rounding up some parts so can hop rebuild when get home week.>

Thanks!!

Jay

You have a Valeo D6RA starter.The same thing happened to my carb Sport.What happened was the magnets in the starter housing shifted because the adhesive let go.One magnet rotated with the armature  and got caught between the next magnet and the Armature.Go to WWW.euromtoelectrics.com

They sell Magnet kits that come with dividers so the magnets can't shift again.I also bought a Starter Tuneup kit.Came with Brushes,springs ,brush holders,bushings,you name it.

The kitchen sink is still working fine also

Good Luck

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mike, finally got time yesterday to remove and disassemble the starter, all 4 magnets are free in the case.  I bought the tune up kit, may just return in for the $119 new starter option.  My armature is kinda work too. 

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Jay