Source for Buell footpeg parts

dxhall

I've raised the clipons and bought an aftermarket seat for my 2003 V11 Sport, and now want to try the Buell footpeg mod. I've got the parts list. Can anyone recommend a Buell dealer who sells over the internet?

• 2 weeks later...

I've raised the clipons and bought an aftermarket seat for my 2003 V11 Sport, and now want to try the Buell footpeg mod. I've got the parts list. Can anyone recommend a Buell dealer who sells over the internet?

There are no "Buell dealers," internet-friendly or otherwise. You're looking for a Harley-Davidson dealership, and one of the major appeals of that brand is that you're never far from one. [Which is quite the change from Guzzi, eh? ;) ] They're all going to sell at full retail, but the Buell pegs are cheap enough [another feature of H-D: the actual, functional parts are cheap, it's the useless chromed gee-gaws that are pricey...] that you'll spend more on shipping than any on-line discount you might find, so why bother? You're in Denver, there's probably a Harley dealership within walking distance of you...

Remember, if you want to make the Buell pegs fit w/o altering the stock brackets [so you can return the bike to stock at some future time, should you so choose] then you'll have to fabricate a few spacers & bushings to do the trick, and you'll have to file or sand off some of the Buell pegs to make them fit in the factory mounts. AFAICR, it's two "top hats" [flanged bushing] & a simple spacer per side. Sorry, I don't have the dimensioned drawings any more, they were on a knapkin [er, "serviette" for the Brits out there: "knapkin" means something totally different to them, & isn't used to wipe your hands after a messy lunch...] that went on to serve a higher purpose. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Buell pegs on my 2002 Le Mans.  In themselves they provide a more comfortable riding position with more sensible weight distribution.  

But keep in mind the brake and especially shift levers will not adjust enough to meet the drop in peg height - leaving you with cans of worms; either lift your foot to shift or invest in very dear adjusted/able levers.