welcome back to character

As i stood next to my new steed on a lonely country road

still at least 10 miles from home a wry smile on my face

as i observed the nearside injector unit hanging off the

inlet stub i thought, well at least its not electrical !

i had been for a quick blat out to the coast whilst the

misses prepared dinner. i was having a great time on the

return leg, 25 deg c, late evening sun, blasting thru a

few sweepers, loving the hard flat braking the guzzi

provides when, waaaaaa waaaaa lots of noise not a lot

of go. the bumpy old b road had no doubt undone me

and it took about 15 mins of wrestling to pull the

tube back out of the air box and get it back over

the inlet stub. a very hot job whilst on your hands and

knees at the roadside. still it all went back together

and we cruised home lesson for me to make sure i

have a few more tools onboard my new steed.

loving the relaxed power, the guzzi waft as you

cruise past the tin boxes. still havnt quite got

used to the clip on bars and the slight tucky feeling

of the front wheel, but i guess i will get used to it.

still waiting to fix the slight rear drive seal leak

but it's pretty small and only a few drops of the pink

goo after a hard ride.

question, if i decide to junk the airbox and put on

some k+n typre filters will i need to have the injection

remapped ?

will have a good look at the airbox next weekend

see how easy it is to get off.

cheers for now

silverback

Glad you got your issue fixed! The airbox isn't hard to remove, but it is a little tedious. Keep in mind the intake roar with be quite loud (a think it sounds amazing), and the side panels attached the to airbox will have to be removed unless you fabricate mounts for them. Someone here has done that, and you should be able to find the post with a bit of searching.

Ken

right, where can i source some decent k+n typre filters in the uk ?

still debating which pipes to go with, i would like to be able to get the bike

thru a british mot without too much trouble. the mistral pipes look good

but from comments and clips sounds great but very loud.

mivv x cone look really good too, any others out there to suggest ?

pipes which have a db killer for testing purposes would be best although

i guess its easy enough to change them over.

I have mistrals that have seen some miles and are quite loud. I never have problems with my MOT. I think you will be OK with most pipes as long as they are not stamped 'Not for road use / for competition use only'. You need loud pipes to get the full Guzzi experience !

Hi Silverback, I have just sold a Griso SE and replaced it with a V11 Rosso Mandello a bit of a step backwards but I like the V11 handling and the old 2v engine sounds better than the 8v wining and rattling, I am keeping the airbox this time but have gone the K&N route before with other V11s, you can order the filters in the UK from Halfords just look at the K&N website and decide on the size you want with 50mm inlet take the part number and they will get them for you, I have just fitted a pair of Mistral high level silencers from Gutsibits, went with the alloy ones because I wanted round and the CF ones are more money, the alloy ones were £460 with removable baffles which I have put back in as its too loud for me without them. 

IMG-20130705-00216.jpg

• Like 1

have to say steve your bike looks superb ! i like the high rise bars, are they standard fit ? mine are the semi clip on style early 2001 model. i thought they would be really uncomfy but once on the move above 60 mph they come into their own. its just a huge contrast to my ktm 950 sm ive had for past 5 years. even with an extended puig screen who needs a parachute......

ref the pipes iam leaning towards the mistrals, probobly with the cross over whilst iam at it.

will call gutsibits and have a chat with them. how was the fitting, did they just slip straight on ?

nothing ever seems so simple when you actually start doing it, there's always something that

wont undo or does'nt quite line up !

Mine came with the standard clipons but being an old git I converted to the Cafe Sport fatbars using Griso risers, just drilled a couple of holes in the top yoke, now its as comfy as a comfy thing,

if you go for the high pipes you get a pair of short hangers with them and loose the pillion pegs, if you need the pegs go for the low ones and they are easy to fit 2 clamps and 2 bolts, I have kept the stock collector but if you fit a crossover its a bit more work.

I replaced the front brake pipes with Goodridge but the stock pipes will just reach, the clutch pipe is just long enough if rerouted, the wires are plenty long enough but the throttle cable only reaches behind the top yoke

The high alloy pipes without baffles are £430 part No EXA30203 and the low alloy pipes are £420 part No EXA30803

Mine have road legal removable baffles and were £460 inc postage