Stucchi vs. Mistral crossover

Ritratto98

Some setting other than zero may give you the very best CO%. There is even talk that setting the CO% using a gas analyzer at some rpm (not idle) gives the best result.

Yet, starting at minus 27 my results were fantastic just to zero the parameter with the ECU interface (honestly, I can't remember if Andy used the Axone or the VDSTS - he had me under his spell   :blink:

Just for reference, ask your tech where yours was already set.

• 5 years later...

Probably not much point in me asking this at this point, but the cold weather has come, so I’ll allow myself some premature armchair chatter ....

i’ve Alluded to it earlier, but now that I have the two 2002 Lemans sitting side by side in the shop, i’m Wondering about the dramatic difference in the low-end vs high-end throttle response between the two.  What i’ll Do starting soon, but not till i get time a littler later this winter, is tear into the red one and get a handle on its tune... valves, CO, etc.  From there I’ll have a better “apples to apples” baseline to compare the two bikes.

but i can’t help but wonder now, from my couch, why the red one has such a smooth and torquey low end but an uninspiring high end, whereas the gold one has a “buzzy”, low torque low end, and then a silky smooth, “scalded monkey” high end.  Makes you want to always run Goldie at high rpm, going way too fast and having way too much fun, whereas red is the opposite with that beautiful low end rumble through the gears.

i’m tempted to think the mistral crossover on the gold one may be the key factor in the higher rpm punch.  Curious as to what others think, but again acknowledging that it’s probably premature to conclude anything until i tear into the red one and check the list of other tuning elements.  BTW, they both start and run great.  They just have that pronounced difference in their throttle response over the rpm range.

• Like 2

Excellent - some good winter reading, just what i was hoping for!  That tale of 4 crossovers looks to be an interesting one.

On my visits to Agostini’s in Mandello i’ve seen Some very snappy looking pieces, including some what appears to be one-off type mistral exhaust pieces.  But I’ve never been in a mode to want to buy something and pack it home, and not really know what i was getting.  

And touché on the notion of just swapping crossovers on my two bikes.  Not ideal this time of year, but maybe i’ll Do that. Or wait till i get through the proper tune on the red one, test ride, then look at doing the swap.

2 hours ago, Gmc28 said:

Excellent - some good winter reading, just what i was hoping for!  That tale of 4 crossovers looks to be an interesting one.

On my visits to Agostini’s in Mandello i’ve Some very snappy looking pieces, including some what appears to be one-off type mistral exhaust pieces.  But never in a mode to want to buy something and pack it home, and not really know what i was getting.  

And touché on the notion of just swapping crossovers on my two bikes.  Not ideal this time of year, but maybe i’ll Do that. Or wait till i get through the proper tune on the red one, test ride, then look at doing the swap.

Oh, which Guzzi to ride? What mood am I in? I sure wish I had your "problem"!

Hey, we all have our own burden to bear! :->

I both pity and envy those with a single bike.

The 2nd/other v11 will find its way back to my good friends garage, later in 2020, once he pays for some stuff for his sweet little airplane, and gathers the space in his new house to buy his old v11 back.

33 minutes ago, Gmc28 said:

Hey, we all have our own burden to bear! :->

I both pity and envy those with a single bike.

The 2nd/other v11 will find its way back to my good friends garage, later in 2020, once he pays for some stuff for his sweet little airplane, and gathers the space in his new house to buy his old v11 back.

I fully realize that the flip side of 'which to ride' is 'which to wrench on'.